Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever watch gold rush ?

They have done this in that show at least once when I watched it.
Sorta...
It was very disorganized ... sorta ended up that way ... errr kinda... heh.
The walls on theirs looked very "shady".

But if done in an "exact" METHODICAL manner this would be the way IMO.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly Jeff... Only a much smaller scale obviously.

This has been my plan of attack for this situation for over 20 years... at least...
Yet no one else has even suggested it as far as I know.

Yes the width would only need to conform to the depth needed.

Ever watch gold rush ?

They have done this in that show at least once when I watched it.
Sorta...
It was very disorganized ... sorta ended up that way ... errr kinda... heh.
The walls on theirs looked very "shady".

I believe that may have been the "Glory Hole" :tongue3:. But I'm not sure

Last edited:

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And too,,, I was an environmental driller in one of my past careers and we did several jobs where we drilled then injected a grout wall to stem the movement of pollutants within bedrock. Seems that would be an option to be explored to curb the flow of water into the tunnels. I am very surprised that the other drillers did not bring this up.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sounds like a lot of peoples TV must be stuck on one channel and wont turn off.... Stop whining and change the channel, I'm sure there is a cooking show on that you can gripe about on another forum!:skullflag:

I keep hoping the "History Channel" will eventually be that. Silly me. Is there a "Factual History Channel" on the basic dish service?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I would love to see the response from the Canadian Env. Protection Agency to the permit request to make a surface pit mine 300 ft deep on that island.

"You want to make a 1,000 ft wide crater in place of an island and the reason is because there was a slight depression beside a tree found by kids in 1795 that looked like someone had dug there, and you have no other proof? Right. We'll get back to you."

I'd also like to see the pump needed to keep the ocean out as they worked. That would be a doozy. Tunnels or no tunnels the ground water inflow would be fierce.

Last edited:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep hoping the "History Channel" will eventually be that. Silly me. Is there a "Factual History Channel" on the basic dish service?
:coffee2:WHY DONT YOU CHANGE TO CABLE:dontknow: All holes are the same, eventually they will fill up with something.:laughing7:np:cat:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the brothers dug a 300 feet hole, they would have a very big pond. Water would keep going in. I be watching for many years, until the good Lord calls me home.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Robot, could you paraphrase what is said in the link and tell us what you agree with and disagree with?

I won't bother with the link since interviews are set ups to tell what they want people to hear, pique some interest in the show. (I worked in radio 11 years, done it myself.)

I let my eyes tell me what I'm seeing. I also program which requires logic and reasoning skills.

First, I like the program for what it is. Second, I like Marty and Rick. They are REAL people who WANT to solve this "mystery."
But they have a quandary. They have a good deal of money tied up in property. Without the idea there is treasure, they stand to lose millions.

Go back to the last page and look at that screen capture. Do you see anything in the Money pit area or Smith's Cove denoted as treasure? No?

Do you think Marty and Rick didn't immediately zero in on those two areas? You betcha!

They know if they dig in other areas and find silver and good stuff, then the NMRI is right. If NMRI technology works then the Money Pit and Smith's Cove are dry holes.
That's why Marty has to question the NMRI technology.

How does Jack's hole play into it? Well, what would have happened if Jack had drilled down and found a tunnel with gold? That would prove NMRI technology works.
If NMRI technology works, then the Money Pit and Smith's cove are dry holes.

Jack had to fail to bolster the idea put forth by Marty that NMRI technology is suspect. There could be many reasons Jack failed. (transposed GPS reading, % of deflection of the auger, % of error for the NMRI, so I am not saying Jack failed intentionally).

At any rate, please paraphrase the link so we all have a basis for what it says. And what you think.

Hi Garyo1954

I have been following your posts on this forum and I am impressed with your expressed knowledge and research.
What really impresses me though is you ask questions, a rare trait on forums... this may be due to your time spent in the radio industry?

I like how Marty and Rick handle themselves in this interview...I believe the interviewer had just enough information to have formed her mind as a "Skeptic".
More and more Rick is speaking humbly of Oak Island as a "Mystery" and not so much as a "Treasure Hunt".
There are things more precious than Gold or Silver.
I presume that they are in the works of publishing a book on their experiences.

It does bothers me when they try to indicate that the Knights Templar were responsible for the building of Oak Island.
Some of their treasures and artifacts may be buried there but I do not believe by the original 14th Century Knights.

I base this on my question which I have never received a valid explanation.

How would 14th Century Knights Templar obtain the massive quantities of Coconut Fiber which was claimed to be located on and within the island?

Up until the late 1500's, coconut fiber was only available from the "East Indies" it did not come to Africa, Americas, or West Indies until after this date.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:coffee2:WHY DONT YOU CHANGE TO CABLE:dontknow: All holes are the same, eventually they will fill up with something.:laughing7:np:cat:

A-cause the cable hasn't made it as far as my house. I live in the part of the state map that says "Here be Dragons." And I thank God for that every day. ;-)

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It does bothers me when they try to indicate that the Knights Templar were responsible for the building of Oak Island.
Some of their treasures and artifacts may be buried there but I do not believe by the original 14th Century Knights.

How would 14th Century Knights Templar obtain the massive quantities of Coconut Fiber which was claimed to be located on and within the island?

Up until the late 1500's, coconut fiber was only available from the "East Indies" it did not come to Africa, Americas, or West Indies until after this date.

If you are going to lift my information Robot at least get it all! When I wrote that coconuts or coconut fibre did not come into the Atlantic Basin until brought there by the Portuguese, it was in 1499 to 1500 and not the late 1500s.
As for the Templars, they were based in the Eastern Mediterranean from the 12th until the very early 14th centuries. During this same period India also was trading there. Coconut fibre made into "coir" by Indian merchants was a major industry in that country and was used as rope and packing. In my opinion there is no other way for coconut fibre dated from the 13th to 14th century to have been in Nova Scotia other then to have been brought in Templar Galleys, that had just recently (1307) left Cyprus.
I believe that Rick and Marty are spot on if they think the Templars are responsible for this mystery, although I also don't believe it is still on Oak Island.
Cheers, Loki

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Bad Robot" Lift Ones Wallet...Possibly!...Lift Ones Research...Never!

If you are going to lift my information Robot at least get it all! When I wrote that coconuts or coconut fibre did not come into the Atlantic Basin until brought there by the Portuguese, it was in 1499 to 1500 and not the late 1500s.
As for the Templars, they were based in the Eastern Mediterranean from the 12th until the very early 14th centuries. During this same period India also was trading there. Coconut fibre made into "coir" by Indian merchants was a major industry in that country and was used as rope and packing. In my opinion there is no other way for coconut fibre dated from the 13th to 14th century to have been in Nova Scotia other then to have been brought in Templar Galleys, that had just recently (1307) left Cyprus.
I believe that Rick and Marty are spot on if they think the Templars are responsible for this mystery, although I also don't believe it is still on Oak Island.
Cheers, Loki
Coconut Migration.gif R Harris Coconut Fiber.jpg

Loki
My research dates back to my post of October 31st, 2014 and was based on the migration of the coconut.
Which to me makes a strong case against the Knights Templar ever having access to this quantity of coconut fiber...Unless they "Portaged" their boats over 1000 miles to the "East Indies"!
Regards,
Robot

Post #19 October 31st, 2014 "The Coconut Fibers are the key to this hunt"
How 14th Century Fiber and 18th Century Items could be Compatible
Yes, the argument of the Coconut Fiber carbon dating has been a stumbling block with my theory.

All the wood samples carbon dated support my theory's 18th Century time period.
All the items found on the island support my theory's 18th Century time period.

But how could 2 or maybe 3 carbon testings’ (if the Lagina brothers claim to having done one) all arrive with the 14th century as the probable date for this fiber?

It was not until I reread R.V. Harris’s letter August 19th, 1966 where he presumed the massive amount of Coconut Fiber came from the East Indies that I realized I had overlooked another possibility.

This was the probability that these Coconut Fibers did indeed come from the East Indies and not from the Caribbean and Central America.

Where I was wrong was in presuming that in the 18th century there was an industry in the Caribbean and Central America producing Coconut Fibers and these Fibers came from this part of the World.

It makes more sense that the Coconut Fiber Industry was only in Malaysia.

Spanish ships from the East Indies would cart supplies and trade to Havana and off load and store this packing material prior to taking the gold shipments back to Spain.

The Keppels would have had boat loads of this material stored at Havana, readily available for their plans at Oak Island.

This allows for the carbon dating of the Coconut Fibers to be 14th Century, while all other stated items found (Wood Pieces and Wood Platforms, Block and Tackle, Cornish Poll-Pick, Ax, Scissors, Shoe, Parchment Paper, Ruler, Anchor Flute, Nails, Metal Fragments, Chain and Boatswain Whistle) to be compatible with the 18th Century, and conform with the Freemasons as builders of The Money Pit at Oak Island.

This allows for the Scientist who documented the history of the Coconut Seed to be correct in that although the Coconut Tree arrived in the Caribbean during the 16th Century there was not a flourishing Coconut Fiber Industry outside of Malaysia prior to the 1700's ad.

This theory would still disqualify Vikings, Knights Templar and Druids as possible builders, as they did not have access to this quantity of fibers in their time period from the West Indies or East Indies.

Last edited:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
burro juice:coffee2:I always like watching Idiots throw there money down holes , especially the ones that stand around waiting for something to come out of it,:laughing7::laughing7::wav:NP:cat:

Yard Waste

Dec 16, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett AT Pro International, Garrett Euro Ace.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do we really need 2 threads covering the same season of the show with virtually the same heading?
Mods! How about merging them?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did someone say coconuts?? I think this is how they got to OI

Monty-Python-and-The-Holy-Grail-monty-python-16545052-845-468.jpg

Off to the Castle to find the Grail.......

holy-grail-3.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you go on a Secret Mission for the King ?

I hear he pays in Gold and Silver

0925151546.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread