Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This season is off to a fun start. Four coins found on lot 5. Buying lot 5 last year was a good purchase. The diver spotted some interesting things in the water, including at least one more coin. Mike, we are all looking forward to your weekly recaps of the show again this year.

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week's show continued from last week's show - some repetitive activity and awaiting permits.

What if Samuel Ball had turned into a world traveler and ancient coin collector, part of his collection was scattered on lot 5 by heirs who didn't recognize the value of old stuff?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess anything is possible. Not sure why anyone would just throw them out in the yard/field when cleaning out a house/building vs throwing them in the trash can/pale/bin or whatever they were using at the time.. Couple things I've always thought was odd, was they never find anything more then 4''-8'' deep with the detector.. Everything at some point had been just laying on top of the ground.. The other is they find quite a few coins from apparently all over the world and time frames.. With money much harder to come by back 100's and or 1000's of years ago you'd think they hold on to their coins alittle better. They never seem to find current coins or any not under a 100 years old.. Today we wouldn't think much about dropping a couple of coins in the field and not bother looking for them, but we make more then .50 for a days work...

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched a little of it. Just another episode of speculations I felt. I thought it interesting they mentioned a mine contracting company who I deal with will be doing some work on some underground workings.

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last minute drilling near the garden shaft found wood that could possibly be the top of an offset chamber. Permits for the Garden Shaft work were obtained and work resumes! The shaft filled with water over the winter, but it can be pumped down. I'm still amazed that water doesn't rush up from the bottom at some point. I assume that modern techniques assure that the new wood won't collapse the sides.

On lot 5, they find a piece of creamware pottery from as early as 1762.

Outrider43

Dec 25, 2014
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites D6000, MXT All Pro and Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d like to meet the writers responsible for the show. I hear they were previously employed for The Benny Hill Show. 😁
Remember Who Jovan Hutton Pulitzer who was on the first season and why he was kicked off

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember Who Jovan Hutton Pulitzer who was on the first season and why he was kicked off
I prefer the guy that said that the little island next door had 79 tons of gold buried beneath it

Outrider43

Dec 25, 2014
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites D6000, MXT All Pro and Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the guy that said that the little island next door had 79 tons of gold buried beneath it
The one individual planted the bronze roman sword who was proven to be fake.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one individual planted the bronze roman sword who was proven to be fake.
Yeah I know who the guy is. I like the guy that owned that island next door. He seemed so convince about the gold lol

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even care about the great big holes in the ground, but I do enjoy the detecting parts of the show. Gary always finds cool stuff, and I don't doubt that he'll eventually find something considered treasure. I would absolutely have a blast detecting that island, and would be proudly posting alot of those finds right here. From what I've seen of Gary swinging and digging, I would say that the majority of us would be more than happy with some of the finds he's made for the laginas. I find myself watching just to see what cool finds Gary will make. I believe that he has extended the shows life by 4 seasons at the least. He seems to be carrying the show, as his finds are often the only thing of interest, and used to push the narrative forward. It's becoming the Gary Drayton detecting show on oak island !! They should just make every episode about metal detecting the island !! Thats what it has become anyway.....the entire show hinging on Gary latest find !!

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even care about the great big holes in the ground, but I do enjoy the detecting parts of the show. Gary always finds cool stuff, and I don't doubt that he'll eventually find something considered treasure. I would absolutely have a blast detecting that island, and would be proudly posting alot of those finds right here. From what I've seen of Gary swinging and digging, I would say that the majority of us would be more than happy with some of the finds he's made for the laginas. I find myself watching just to see what cool finds Gary will make. I believe that he has extended the shows life by 4 seasons at the least. He seems to be carrying the show, as his finds are often the only thing of interest, and used to push the narrative forward. It's becoming the Gary Drayton detecting show on oak island !! They should just make every episode about metal detecting the island !! Thats what it has become anyway.....the entire show hinging on Gary latest find !!
Well said Bart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread