Season 11

BuzzMarshall

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2024
Ive only recently discovered your fine site as i normally spend most of my time watching/reading and researching things to do with our planets ancient history but must give credit to the Hardly Boys as following them and others for many years actually lead me here even though treasure related things aren't really my thing.

I am glad though to find this site as i really find all the 4-corners stuff interesting from a historical point.

I used to really like the History Channel stuff but over the years they have really gone down hill as its more then obvious there interest in the truth is not high on their list of points with a lot of their shows these days.

Their Oak Island presentation seems to gone totally down hill as pretty much every show since they took over is just a continuous stream of re-hashing stuff that has been cover years ago by the Bro's as well as many others that have made their claims and long since moved on to other things.

Anyone that has done any rudimentary research knows there has been many many people in that general area long before the Oak Island story even started and it seems like the show has now just stuck in a loop constantly suggesting things in the past that they themselves have already discussed in previous shows which is kinda what i think the Jack character is all about as it seems every time they find a stick or a stone he gets all giddy as he keeps re-alluding to the whole Knights Templer story.

For years now i know longer watch the live episodes as i will just download them and watch what i want if i see anything interesting.

Seems like every new season now has a few new characters added to the Fellowship which i would venture a guess that at some point will cause the show to be cancelled as payroll will become to large.

Still tho its funny and entertaining (Ricks my fav) but as for anything real in a historical sense has pretty much been known now for years.

my 2 cents.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Zzzzzzz. i'm not sure if it has been a full year but I am checking in to make sure that not a damn thing has been found of any historic or economic value at this farse of a dig.

Am I accurate?

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Zzzzzzz. i'm not sure if it has been a full year but I am checking in to make sure that not a damn thing has been found of any historic or economic value at this farse of a dig.

Am I accurate?
You'll never find nuttin if you quit lookin...

TruthbeTold

Aug 16, 2023
The oak island treasure story has been promoted by so many grifters over the years it is obvious that there never was a money pit with treasure.

There were only folks trying to convince others there was a treasure and asking them to send money.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Am I accurate?
Ahh my old friend... You missed it. They found some extremely valuable old wood....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This latest theory of the Templars hiring the Vikings to take them to Oak Island, is really out there.
Wouldn't the Vikings just kill them, and take their treasure? It's kind of what Vikings did.
Maybe they were watching you tube videos

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The oak island treasure story has been promoted by so many grifters over the years it is obvious that there never was a money pit with treasure.

There were only folks trying to convince others there was a treasure and asking them to send money.
but people thought there was a Pit with a treasure in it. No one till the Laginas' made money from doing their searches and digs. Some lost their lives from searching.. Yes people had "investors" to help pay for their dig but they weren't making a living from it. Heck the Restalls lived on the island with no electricity year round mind you, and this was when it was still an island. Had to take a boat back to main land for groceries and the such. One of their son's did that daily to go to school, and this was in the early 60's...

BuzzMarshall

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2024
hm. I have no problem believing at one point many years ago something might have been there but whatever it was is probably long gone and to be honest anyone that did find and take it would never admit to it anyways otherwise they would risk having it confiscated by the various governments.

The idea of the Vikings and Templars though is a real stretch as those 2 cultures getting along is almost as insane as the "Orange Man" thinking he is the smartest man in the world these days.

The only real treasure left these days is the Lagina's and their Fellowship making a ton of money spreading misleading crap. "Could it Be?" haha. Oh well as least Rick can now afford to color out all the grey hair and maybe someone should make Jack shave so it doesn't look like some old Amish Mennonite.

One has to admit they make history funny and maybe they should try and incorporate the show into a new release of the Trailer Park Boys which i always enjoyed.

OP
OP
M

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hair on the hairy concrete blob retrieved from under Nolan's Cross turned out to be likely non-human. They left it to be DNA tested.

My take: Built by the Sasquatch community? Surprisingly, none of the theories so far include them.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the last half hour, hoping episode 25 was the last one of the season, but I guess not. The Laginas are dragging this season out because they each get 100k per episode. Time for the History channel to change the way they pay these guys. At this rate, next season will be 30 episodes and even more repetitive than this season (if that's possible).

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watched the last half hour, hoping episode 25 was the last one of the season, but I guess not. The Laginas are dragging this season out because they each get 100k per episode. Time for the History channel to change the way they pay these guys. At this rate, next season will be 30 episodes and even more repetitive than this season (if that's possible).
They would be pretty darn stupid to let the $ 100,000 An episode go ..would you ?

BuzzMarshall

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2024
I have watched from the day the lagina's landed on the island back when Marty always insisted it wasn't about treasure, rather it was about him (as the wealthy brother) trying to make Ricks childhood dream come true, and for many seasons they premised the show around that idea.

But in the last few years after the history channel hook-up each season just seems to have less real content as they started the whole fellowship thing which ties into all the advertising revenue (equipment) to the point the island got more buildings on it then it ever had and every season seems to bring more new people into the fellowship.

To me that seems to suggest that the dream is dead and the bro's know it and now its just about money and creative thinking as the ideas seem to get dumber as every new handful of dirt or piece of wood leads another attempt to tie the templars to other cultures that i really doubt would ever be associated with each other.

Marty's been a wealthy man for many years and now even his ex postal brother Rick is as well and you would think at their age why bother rolling around in the dirt and muck and not go and enjoy life rather then constantly trying to twist the original story into something its not.

Still its entertaining at times, its just easier to download and skim though at ones own leasure

TruthbeTold

Aug 16, 2023
The lagina’s probably film 4-5 episodes of appearances on the island in a day as each scene they are in only lasts a couple of minutes. Probably an entire season in one to two weeks,

This is obvious with the lack of new content and the constant retelling of fictional theories on the show.

Perhaps at the end of the season they will make and “find” their own 90 foot stone just like grifters before them had done in order to lure viewers for next season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread