mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Well I've had a pretty good week but felt like hunting today so out I went. At a local TD bank I traded $250 in dimes. My already searched rolls for some cwr they had. They looked ok, no marks on the wrappers although I was a little concerned that almost 200, out of the 250 were in the same type coin-tainer wrappers. The ones that are already formed into a cylinder with a crimp on one end. When I got them home I lined them up on my table and started magnet checking them. Every last one of them really liked my magnet. I mean REALLY liked it. Ok I've got someone's dumps. Next, I start weighing them. Most are a few grams light. Next step, open the first roll. 7 or 8 Canadian rims looking back at me. By the time I was done I had set aside about $19 in Canadian. Really pissed me off. Canadian is common in my area but this was excessive. I know others have been burned worse and it's just the cost of being a coin roll hunter, but I just had to vent. But on the plus side,I did find two Canadian that didn't like my magnet. The young queen and king George. As for the other Canadian, it's not a loss, I'll work it off slowly. Also got a box at BOA and found a couple Rosie's. Happy hunting to all.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I also get many Canadian dimes in my rolls, 50-100 per $500 US.
I scoop 'em outa the reject bin and dump the handful into the charity jar at the counter.
It's not going to make or break my wallet, as crh'ing is only a hobby for me.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put all my canadian aside - going to take a trip to Niagra Falls next year and use all my funny money to pay for it. I estimate I already have $200.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put all my canadian aside - going to take a trip to Niagra Falls next year and use all my funny money to pay for it. I estimate I already have $200.

:hello: TD Banks in Canada will trade up to $250 per day for Canadian coins into Canadian currency for non account holders. The only catch is the coins have to be rolled. They will give you the coin wrappers on the spot to do it. I've been doing it for several years when my wife & I have been going to Canada for vacations. There is TD Bank branch in Niagra Falls on the Canadian side.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
:hello: TD Banks in Canada will trade up to $250 per day for Canadian coins into Canadian currency for non account holders. The only catch is the coins have to be rolled. They will give you the coin wrappers on the spot to do it. I've been doing it for several years when my wife & I have been going to Canada for vacations. There is TD Bank branch in Niagra Falls on the Canadian side.

That's very good to know. I have always just spread out my coins in various places, but next time I go to Canada (in a couple of years hopefully to Montreal), I can just exchange them for cash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread