JimBeHuntin'
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Feb 1, 2007
- Messages
- 1,154
- Reaction score
- 4
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Down East North Carolina
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
I found this button a couple of years ago in my town. This part of NC didn't see much CW action but a Yankee raiding party did come ashore at our town and burn the connecting bridge, destroyed a local gristmill, and made an effort to get the local men to jump ship and swear their loyalty to the north. I believe this button to be a Federal Marine button from that group of raiders. The button is in rough condition but you can see an eagle sitting atop an anchor with stars around the perimeter. I bought my wife a new camera so I thought I would post these pics of the button to see what the experts think. Thanks for any comments and thoughts you may have!

Toothpick, toothpick, toothpick those backmarks. Can you see anything on the backmark at all?






