What's new

CW button?

BladeRunner2019

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2013
Messages
745
Reaction score
1,776
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all.

I'm pretty sure this is a Civil War era button, but thought I would ask to be sure. The back mark is SCOVILL MF'G CO. and possibly WATERBURY in raised letters.

It wasn't found at a CW site. Just a random 1940's house.

Thanks for the help!


vq485RZ.jpg


7Ouk1vw.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Yup .. A Union General Service eagle button. Nice find!
 
You bet!! Good luck at this site,could be more CW relics in the ground. :icon_thumright:
 
Goes to show you that anything can turn up anywhere. Nice find!
 
The raised mark in a depressed channel dates from 1850-1860 Your button would date from 1854, when the letter designation was removed, to 1860. Good luck finding more.
 
Great find, Congrats!!!
 
Nice find. That's about as flat as the pelican button I found.

I heard they smashed this one one purpose for a game piece. About 30 years away is where I found my Pelican Button which was perfect. I was definitely dance like a child that day last year, not to mention it’s very rare to find a Pelican Button in Louisiana because the troops where sent northeast.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom