What's new

CWI date mystery

TxTim

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
2,735
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I picked up 4 boxes of CWI penny boxes dated Oct. 28, 2008 -CWI #69 INSPECTED BY #XXXI.

These are from a bank and were bought on May 12.

Guess what? They were sprinkled with both types of circulated '09 pennies.

Were they pre-stamped boxes?

Obviously something is amiss....
 
Upvote 0
You know one of the log cabin boxes that I got had a 2007 date on them?

Go figure?

Mojo
 
I have had the same thing and was wondering to.
 
A few weeks ago I picked up boxes dated October 31st 2010! Back from the future! SpOoKy huhh? Odd. They were skunks, go figure! HH :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
DAS7NY said:
A few weeks ago I picked up boxes dated October 31st 2010! Back from the future! SpOoKy huhh? Odd. They were skunks, go figure! HH :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I've got some from the future as well! Crazy, eh?
 
allen said:
reusing older boxes maybe ?

That's what I was thinking, or maybe it is just CWI messin' with us. The future date boxes are a little strange. :dontknow:
 
I think it's time for them to be audited.

The stamp is supposed to be a measurable accounting of that particular individual inspecting a given box on that given date.

Between incorrectly stamped boxes and the number of rolls, we find when opening sealed boxes, being tampered with (previously opened and hastily re-rolled) warrants these companies are lacks in their quality control.

IMHO
 
When I saw the log cabin penny box stamped with the 2007 date I assumed it to be human error setting the small hand held adjustable stamper.

Mojo
 
Are you sure that the 2007 wasn't a "weak strike" 2009.

Just a little coin collector humor there, rimshot please.
 
I assumed my future dated boxes were human error as well, since they were back in January 2008, but were dated January 2009. I figured someone over-rotated the dial to set the date and didn't pick up on it right away.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom