What's new

CZ-21 Coil/Cable question

granthansen

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2012
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
555
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all... I got my Fisher CZ-21 from KellyCo and they did a fine job pre-assembling it. However, they didn't wind the coil cable around the shaft. Although the instruction manual says to finger tighten the cable to the coil, it's definitely on there a lot tighter than just done by hand. So, for you CZ-21 users... do you finger tighten? Or use a wrench and just gently tighten it off.

Hitting the beach Sunday. Can't wait!!
 
Upvote 0
How can the manual say that when everything is hardwired? You cant tighten any connections, the wire going into the coil, the coil wire into the housing, even the headphones are hardwired. Im confused.
 
Ah, lookindown, you are a genius! I was so focused on the cable that I misinterpreted the manual. Right now the cable isn't wrapped around the shaft, but I can simply release the coil portion from the upper shaft and wrap around, and then re-connect. Thanks. Sometimes simple things have to be pointed out!
 
Glad you got it figured out...good luck with your CZ.
 
Good Luck with your CZ21
just dont wrap cord to tight
leave a little slack - if you make it to tight
you could put undue tention on the conection
and cause prob down the road
I let friend borrow one of mine and he wrapped it to tight
and from him putting pressure on the coil slowly pulled and pulled
and eventually I had to send in for repairs
 
Casper-2, thanks for the valuable tip!
 
I chest mount my control box and have the cable taped straight down the shaft with a small loop at the coil for strain relief. This is the best mount for non diving. The upper shaft is secured to my belt with a short bungee cord.
 
Last edited:
Sandman, what do you use for your chest mount?
 
granthansen said:
Sandman, what do you use for your chest mount?

Fisher still sells the chest mount belt though it isn't advertised on the web page. Just give them a call and they will ship one out to you. I forget the price but it is high quality stuff.
 
Thx. I will definitely do that. I need space for all my tools and pouches!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom