What's new

CZ-6 questions...

mwfisherman77

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
31
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to adjust to my cz6 from a Tesoro. And the cz is so deep but it loves nails way too much I got frustrated the other day and thought a target was just another nail (all my deep nails ring up strong as silver and are generally repeatable from every angle) and I sped up the recovery time and used my digger to try to find the nail and it turned out to be a 45 Walker half and I knicked it with my digger. Lesson learned never speed up the recovery and expect a nail when it hits silver although it almost always is lol! . Anyone have any advice for determining it is indeed a nail?

Also does anybody know where I can get a mounting clip for the rod to connect the head unit to the rod mine is broken I have to hip mount mine which is great but I would like to have the option of for quick hunts being able to leave it on the rod so I don't have to worry about putting it through a belt and etc...

Thank you everyone for all the help!
 
I have the CZ6a and Fisher sells a neck mount for us. Fisher doesn't list it as an accessory, but a phone call will get you one. I forget the cost, but its worth it.
 
a first Texas product
....nice...
 
I have a CZ5 for close to 20 years which was a Fisher Labs product before it was bought out by First Texas.....It is deep as you said but I don't have problems with deep iron. I sweep from different angles and if it disappears, then it will probably be a nail. You can also try walking around the target and for some reason that seems to work in telling the difference between a deep nail and a silver coin. If you are still uncertain, turn the discrimination back and if you hear the iron grunt, then you will have your answer. A coin will give you a high pitch response in all directions. Hope this helps. I don't understand how people say it loves deep iron....Never had that problem. Just practice until you know your machine. Good luck!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom