What's new

Dalton?

BobGuy

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
331
Reaction score
830
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!

I found this today in a creek and was totally pumped! Can anyone tell me what the deal is with this one?

It looks like a dalton to me. I am wondering if it was modified into a drill or if that is just the way they made some points. Sucks that it is broke but I don't think it was a recent break because the patina is uniform.

I wish we were able to post videos because I take a video of every point I find and love sharing!

Thanks,

BG ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438567880.518406.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438567900.485093.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438567915.951567.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438567940.917208.webp
 
Upvote 0
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438570485.495799.webp
Here's a point with the same deal I found, it must be a type of point, or maybe they used them as drills until they broke then they had a point ready in case
 
Yes, looks retipped as a drill. Nice find, does look Daltonish....
 
Yea, I think it's weird that they would do that. It seems that both points were perfectly fine sink wonder why they would do that?
 
I would call that a Dalton and a nice find:thumbsup: I think that they used points that had a break in the tip or sometimes they just made drills that way because the hafting worked well on that shape. It's all just a guess!!!!
 
Those are both heartbreakers. Thanks for sharing.
 
It has the appearance of a Barber. A Dalton base tends to flare out a bit more, not so much straight shaft. Either one would be a killer find, none the less.
I like the color too. Thanks for showing. Lone Star
 
Thanks for the feedback!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom