What's new

Dating pull tabs

TrpnBils

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
873
Reaction score
1,234
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I swear I've seen something like this on here before, but I can't seem to find it. Is there any way to date the different styles of pull tabs? I'm not so much interested in the pull tabs, obviously, but it might help me determine how old the site is.
 
I used to date pulltabs, but saw no future in it. So, I went back to humans. ( sorry, couldn't resist)
 
Nice - I think that's the thread I was looking for. I tried a few searches but apparently didn't get the keywords exactly right. Thanks!
 
Thanks for bringing this up, TrpnBils. I remember seeing the same forum some time ago as well. Good info all around.
 
I brought a pull tab home for dinner once... The parents were not very happy with it. My sister then tried to hook me up with an old bottle cap. I won't date any of these new can tabs... they come with baggage, the can.
 
I might dig 2000 of these or more a year. Not a wasted post, these darn things are one of the most aggravating things about this hobby...
 

Attachments

  • tabs 001.webp
    tabs 001.webp
    170.4 KB · Views: 284
is there a pulltab museum I could visit on my next vacation?
 
is there a pulltab museum I could visit on my next vacation?

Yes, they advertise on The Carpet Channel. It's located in the town of Droll West Virginia, population 6.
 
I have a pulltab museum at my house. I have two coffee cans full of them. I'll have to charge you a fee to see them, but it will be worth it....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom