What's new

daughter help

I have 2 daughters that I am raising myself, 8 and 17. I went through that with my oldest and still am to a point. I believe that was the age it started with her too and it sucked badly. It was very very touchy for a while and something bad could have easily happened. Very intense. You can't just say it's the age and normal because it might not be, you need to be proactive incase it's not and you don't want to regret it later. I never was good at talking about ones "feelings" because I always thought they should be buried deep within and never let out but girls need to be talked to when having problems so if you can't do it you need to find someone who can. The sooner the better. Good luck to you.
 
Last edited:
thank you all,i admire brad.i have always been there for her and will always be there,i had put her in vanderbuilt for over 20 days over a boy girl situation.had the facts did what was right.she came out went back to school,helped the other kids with there homework just like before.now she took a bunch of prozack to try to end it.im looking for a psychologist for her now,i just wish i knew what she is so down about,i am not hard on her,never had to be.never abused,always loved.what does it take to make her feel like she is somebody great.i feel as if i need to send her to live with her mom.
 
puberty and hormones, can cause crazy emotions up until age 16+
hang in, redirect,stay involved, keep her involved in activities and busy
just be there, its harder fior kids today. i think a course in social media
should be a credit course in hs
 
separated parents is a really hard thing for a kid that age to grow up with(i'm in the same situation as you with that). It could very well be part of the problem, her feeling some sort of abandonment or feelings of being unloved or not good enough because her friends parents are all together. Now none of this may be true, but she still may feel and think something like that. Good on you for making the right moves to get some help. Things will get better.
 
The answer is no.
1st. Get her out of the government run indoctrination center ( Public School )
No TV
No Internet
No Facebook
No Twitter
No cell phone
No garage band - Yes Church band
Yes Church on sunday
Yes Church youth group
I have 4 kids and 13 nieces and nephews that have been raised from birth as stated above. Problem kids in this bunch 0
I have 7 nieces and nephews and many friends with kids raised like everyone else does it and their lives are nothing but drugs, drama and chaos 24/7.
Luckily 2 nephews age 13 and 15 have been brought over to our way of life and the drugs, drama and chaos has ended for them.
 
thank you all,i admire brad.i have always been there for her and will always be there,i had put her in vanderbuilt for over 20 days over a boy girl situation.had the facts did what was right.she came out went back to school,helped the other kids with there homework just like before.now she took a bunch of prozack to try to end it.im looking for a psychologist for her now,i just wish i knew what she is so down about,i am not hard on her,never had to be.never abused,always loved.what does it take to make her feel like she is somebody great.i feel as if i need to send her to live with her mom.
Depression "feeds" on depression.
When one is depressed it can be like a habit one returns to daily. Show her the strength to deal with this depression by taking her out of her everyday environment (which reminds her of the negative feelings that feeds this depression) and give her a new view. Take her to awesome places, that she can relate to, where her spirit will soar and not be reminded of these daily triggers. She will get better in time when she replaces the negative thoughts with positive experiences.
I'm a father with two grown daughters and one son and although we stumbled a few times, we are all doing fine now.
Best regards,
Rusty
 
my wife is a long time sufferer of this depression disease,has suffered since she was 18 she is now 41.she still has many bad days,but they have her on many medications,that seem to give her more good than bad days.they say that she is a manic depressive that she will never be rid of it totally.depression works many different ways,some sleep all the time and some sleep none at all.the eyes are the teller of this disease,they look like there is no life there.whats the cause is a chemical in the brain gets out of balance.a psychologist is the answer with the right medication,and all the support that you can give.sending her away to her mom wont help might even make it worse.it took a couple of trys before they found the right meds for my wife,but she had support that made her want to hang in there.she has explained to me many times what depression feels like and it not a pretty picture. if you have any questions please feel free to ask them and i will get my wife to help you all that i can. like i said she has suffered for 23 years now she is an expert.
 
Depression "feeds" on depression.
When one is depressed it can be like a habit one returns to daily. Show her the strength to deal with this depression by taking her out of her everyday environment (which reminds her of the negative feelings that feeds this depression) and give her a new view. Take her to awesome places, that she can relate to, where her spirit will soar and not be reminded of these daily triggers. She will get better in time when she replaces the negative thoughts with positive experiences.
I'm a father with two grown daughters and one son and although we stumbled a few times, we are all doing fine now.
Best regards,
Rusty

So true Rusty.... I'm caught in this "trap" myself now badly.

Jamey... I'm totally guessing here now on this open web site post now. QUESTION: Is she involved in doing something positive toward a worthy or even a lofty goal? You mentioned Vanderbilt so you can't be far from me. If she needs a real challenge toward something truly positive please PM me. Maybe we / I can get her to realize a promising future together. Maybe she needs to be "challenged" and put in "charge" of something truly important. If your interested... PM a contact, time and we'll talk buddy.... Best wishes to ya.... Brad
 
One day, one hour, one minute at a time Brad. I went through it from a personal loss and it took close to six years for me to feel those endorphins pumping through me again. Always in my prayers.
Rusty
 
Both of my daughters were trouble.

I learned patience. And I learned to ignore the insults.

And now I'm very proud of both of them.
 
Jamey, know that you and your sweet daughter will be in my prayers this week...sadly, there is no "instant answer" that will make everything better. I believe that God will make a way for her, and for you through this.

I had a daughter who attempted suicide twice. We did what you did, and got her immediate intervention help. It worked for a brief time, then when she came out of the Baker Act program, she went back to the same destructive behaviors. We did counseling. It helped to a degree. We did church only (I'm a pastor), and that connection to only church kids helped to a degree, but church kids can be desperately broken as well. She struggled until she was 28 years old, and then finally the "light bulb" clicked on, and she has become the person/daughter/wife/mother that she was designed to become.

What changed? She finally gave up trying to solve her own problems, and began a walk with God.. a real one, not the kind that would make "daddy pastor" happy, but one that will stay with her through the happy as well as hellish times.

I pray this will happen in your sweet child's life...and I will ask God to let it happen before she is 28.

Feel free to PM me. Many of my pastor friends are in central and eastern TN. I am just one beggar telling another where I found bread.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom