What's new

Daughter with Ace 250 skunks Dad with CTX 3030

Slim08

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2015
Messages
39
Reaction score
264
Golden Thread
0
Location
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My nine year old daughter and I have been going metal detecting everyday for a couple of hours this week since we are both on vacation from school and work. Today was a little different because she asked if we could take the Yellow Detector (Ace 250) so she could actually do some swinging of her own and I said that would be a great idea. We proceeded to a local old park that I had visited several times in the past and once arriving we began our daily metal detecting venture together. We had only one digging tool so that I could do all of the work when we had a good target. Within the first five minutes we were digging normal clad with both detectors. My daughter would call out to me that seemed liked every ten seconds saying "Dad I have a target that looks and sounds good." I would then take my CTX 3003 detector over and check it out for her and dig the signal if it looked and sounded like something good. Note that a lot of my checking her signals were not successful with good targets. But then things changed and I heard her call out that I have a target that is staying on the 10cent/dime area. I walked over to check the signal as I had been doing for the last 45 minutes and to my surprise she had a very good signal six inches deep and I knew it could possibly be silver according to my CTX 3030. I proceeded to dig the target and out popped a beautiful 1930 SILVER Mercury Dime. I was so happy for her and this was her first piece of silver ever metal detecting the few times she had done it with me. Within five minutes she had another good signal at six inches we dug another silver dime which was a 1946 Rosie. I was so pumped for her and laughing out loud saying "NO WAY". What makes this story incredible is that she detected another 1942 Silver Mercury Dime just minutes later at the same depth. A three silver day and actually her first time finding anything silver. I think I will take her with me as much as possible because I think the silver gravitates toward her coil. image.webp Hope you enjoy the story.
 
Upvote 46
Thanks for the report, what a great day for your daughter and even you, I'm sure you didn't mind the Skunk at all!!
 
Awesome story... Congrats to your daughter [emoji3]
 
This is great; thank you for sharing! Your post really brings home the point of metal detecting and sharing the excitement and joy with others, especially with the kids. And yup, the Ace 250 is great for them (oh, I have found many silver rings and coins with that machine).

aj
 
What a great story . Congrats to you and your daughter
 
Nice story and congrats to your daughter on some nice finds
 
Congrats on spreading the addiction disease to the younger generation. Now she will be silver hungry. she will say," come on dad, don't sit down I want my silver coins"
 
Very cool, Congrats to her. Now I'm just waiting for a grump to defend the ctx vs the ace 250 :laughing7:
 
My nine year old daughter and I have been going metal detecting everyday for a couple of hours this week since we are both on vacation from school and work. Today was a little different because she asked if we could take the Yellow Detector (Ace 250) so she could actually do some swinging of her own and I said that would be a great idea. We proceeded to a local old park that I had visited several times in the past and once arriving we began our daily metal detecting venture together. We had only one digging tool so that I could do all of the work when we had a good target. Within the first five minutes we were digging normal clad with both detectors. My daughter would call out to me that seemed liked every ten seconds saying "Dad I have a target that looks and sounds good." I would then take my CTX 3003 detector over and check it out for her and dig the signal if it looked and sounded like something good. Note that a lot of my checking her signals were not successful with good targets. But then things changed and I heard her call out that I have a target that is staying on the 10cent/dime area. I walked over to check the signal as I had been doing for the last 45 minutes and to my surprise she had a very good signal six inches deep and I knew it could possibly be silver according to my CTX 3030. I proceeded to dig the target and out popped a beautiful 1930 SILVER Mercury Dime. I was so happy for her and this was her first piece of silver ever metal detecting the few times she had done it with me. Within five minutes she had another good signal at six inches we dug another silver dime which was a 1946 Rosie. I was so pumped for her and laughing out loud saying "NO WAY". What makes this story incredible is that she detected another 1942 Silver Mercury Dime just minutes later at the same depth. A three silver day and actually her first time finding anything silver. I think I will take her with me as much as possible because I think the silver gravitates toward her coil. View attachment 1268688 Hope you enjoy the story.

Great job for the kids[emoji122]🏻
 
That is a great story.
You are creating some beautiful memories together.
I think your daughter locked in on that silver signal/tone that a dime gives off.
Congrats on a great hunt
 
Great family time, shes hooked now
 
Congrats to your daughter and quality time! Yes, the 250 doesn't get the recognition it deserves! I have one and its paid for itself a 100 times over!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom