Day 2, payback to the skunks

D0uger

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After yesterday's miserable cleanup of mr. X's dumps I got a call this
morning i got a call the my box came in early! Ran over to chase real
quick and picked up $250 worth (that's all I have to work with for now)
Ah the cleanliness of bank rolls!

Got home and commenced crack and search, found 3 40%ers :)
Took my dumps to Usbank.

Now with more cash I headed of to a chase further west. When I
asked for halves I got the "why so many?" I'm just a collector ;)
But the teller tells me she had a lady come in earlier today with some
Really old dollar coins and she told her to keep em >:{ oh well, so I
purchased the halves.

Finally made it home with about $100 worth of halves from all over town
First roll I open, 1964 and 66 :) I think you guys have me addicted!

Upvote 0
F

Farchaus2k

You had them order you a box, but you didn't purchase the entire box??

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work do what you can do. It all adds up.

baltax

Mar 9, 2011
Is just like to give my input on the box ordering and not picking up full box
I think this is okay if you tell them ahead of time that u can get only half of it when it comes in , I have done this when low on funds some of us young guys don't have the years of saving we can roll with yea know. My main pickup bank before I had my $2k crh fund would let me buy half the box and is go back in the next day after dumping and get the second half they would save them for me even no problem even if someone asks for halts they would say they had none lol
My number one rule is be polite be honest and don't over burden your banks (kinda a few rules in one lol)
Where I see u did wrong was u went picked up elsewhere before buying the rest of the box they got u in the future talk to them let them know ur situation tell ask/tell them u will pick up the rest in a day or so. If you don't they might not order for you. If they have a problem with you only buying half a box roll with dimes and loose halfs till u get $500 or find new bank that's okay with the half box order
Would like input on this from some expierenced crhers I think what I said should work for most did for me

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my banks only order halve $ 1 , 000 at a time 2 boxes . sometimes i get 1 box and come back same day or very next morning. but let them know when I pick the first one up that i'll be right back . I usually have the 1k .

OP
OP
D

D0uger

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The vt at chase did know I could only
Purchase $250 at a time, and I let her know
I'd be in today to pick up the second half. If I'd
know it would cause such a stir I probably would
Added that in hah!

F

Farchaus2k

It's just bad etiquette. They don't like having those coins in their limited vault space. Buy it all next time or wait til you have the funds to order.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just bad etiquette. They don't like having those coins in their limited vault space. Buy it all next time or wait til you have the funds to order.
I disagree. Order a box, buy what you want. Just don't give them a hard time if I come to buy the remaining to $250. LOL

OP
OP
D

D0uger

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I was thinking, and I was certainly raised to be a respectful and polite person. She also seemed really really excited when I told her I was a collector, makes me think she might keep an eye out for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread