What's new

Day #8, Got five! w/pic

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
Day #8 of the streak, I decided on a route to see if I could keep it going. At the second bank I stopped at, the teller had $6.00 loose in halves. One was a 1969, so the streak was alive and well. Stopped at a few more banks and got nothing....nada! The last bank had a full box of corporate wrapped halves and the "merchant teller" asked me if I wanted it. I thought about it, as it would save me some mileage and gas money. Decided to take half the box ($250 worth). After seaching all the rolls in my car I managed to get (4) 40%ers, (1) 1987-D "key date" and (1) 2009-D nifc-er. So for the streak, I managed to keep it alive with another five 40%ers today. BUT!!! had to do a "dump" (did you get that Rich) and that took a little time to go to my usual "drop off location".
That's it for today!....oh wait a minute...What's that, "Riley"..."arf arf. Hey Obediah, "Riley" wants to know if we beat you today!
All the best everyone!
rileyboy
 

Attachments

  • todayjun9.webp
    todayjun9.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 293
Upvote 0
Good score. I'll bet your dump was a lot easier than mine today. It took 4 hours ! At least these were the nice tellers I had to deal with.
HH
Rich
 
Yeup, you beat me 2day as I just stayed home. I try to just stick with the Boxes and hitting Banks for cold calls when on dump run- it's more economical that way. So I guess I loose by default today :binkybaby: .
 
Arf arf, Arffffff!
"Riley"

PS: That's my dog ,"Riley" poking fun at Obediah.
 
WTG ! Riley and Riley boy the streak lives.

I have gone thru and dumped 2 boxes of halves (both skunks)

I have 2 boxes of dime Friday to pickup and finalize 2 more boxes of Brinks halves.

Always great to read about successes in the hunt.
Cheers.
 
Silverminer,
Hang in there. It will happen for you.
rileyboy
 
Rileyboy thanks for the support!
Today 4 boxes and 0 silver. I am thinking of adopting your approach of stopping at different banks and branches and taking on smaller amounts of halves. That has previously been as effective of my getting boxes.
1989 _S keeper

This area has CRHer's that use:
Black markers in the ear and scribbles over the face
Green Markers
Red Markers
white paint or white out on the rims( deceptively like silver)
Cheers! Friday is another day to hunt silver.
 
wow! im am astonished! i dont know how this is possible...and may the streak live on!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom