What's new

DDR Errors on the IKE dollars?

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the other day I picked up 16 IKE dollars and I got out my magnifying glass and 3 of them deffinately look to be DDR errors, can you give me your opinions and are these worth anything? Anyone here collect these type errors?
 

Attachments

  • 1972D DDR IKE.webp
    1972D DDR IKE.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 1972D DDR IKE America.webp
    1972D DDR IKE America.webp
    52.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 1972D IKE DDR.webp
    1972D IKE DDR.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 1976 IKE DDR.webp
    1976 IKE DDR.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0
They look good to me!!! I don't know about their value though. I suggest that you check out eBay to see what they are going for. :thumbsup:
 
Wow

I think you have something there.

I just checked my Strike It Rich with pocket change guide and don't see anything like yous listed. as a matter of fact there are only a few errors associated with the Ike's.

Great catch

Mojo
 
I did a google search for IKE errors and I am not coming up with much, if anyone has any ideas please let me know. I am NOT an error collector, I am a silver hunter, But I figured this might be one more way to generate funds while I have the coins I might as well start looking for errors too.
 
Sorry, that's not a double die. That coin is known as a double-struck and has no extra value at all.
 
I checked the Cherrypickers Guide to die varieties and it looks like strike doubling to me. Not worth anything more then a coin without. Just my opinion though.
 
why is it only on a few of the IKE dollars and not all of them?
 
Not "doublestruck" but strike doubling.
 
Goes4ever said:
why is it only on a few of the IKE dollars and not all of them?

If there is just a littttllle play in one of the dies they will hit the planchet and shift just a hair. You can see this type of doubling on all coins, especially when the dies beginning to wear. On a true double die the design is etched into the die that way, due to a shift in the master die when it is made. Also the doubling will be on the same level, not a lower shelf like yours is.
Keep looking though!

HH
Enamel7
 
Historyhound said:
enamel7 said:
Not "doublestruck" but strike doubling.

Potatoes, potahtoes
Wasn't meaning to offend. Just didn't want people to think it was struck more than once. Sorry.

HH
 
Worth something or not, I still like it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom