What's new

"Dear" Season Opened This Weekend in Missouri,...I Bagged Two of Them!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,966
Reaction score
8,893
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's correct, I "bagged" two rings that are now "dear" to me. I detected five different schoolyards in a local city yesterday and today. I found the sterling silver "Gordian Knot?" style of ring yesterday, in the grass alongside of a paved basketball court. It is marked .925 and rang up a 81 VDI at two inches on the ATPro. (Same as a clad dime.) This one weighed in at 2.8 grams.

Today, I went to a different school and hit the soccer field. I always start at the goal boxes. Right smack-dab in the center of one of the goal boxes, directly under the top pole, I got a solid, repeatable 60 at two inches on the ATPro. I then saw a large, white metal band that I first thought was a piece of chrome plumbing piping or a bike part. When I picked it up I learned that it was heavy, and upon inspection, discovered that it was a hefty white gold ring, marked inside: "Para Sempre," which is Portuguese for "Forever." The ring was also marked, "14K" with an artistic "S" hallmark. It weighed in at 11.9 grams!:hello2: This one is probably a womans lost wedding band, based on the engraving and construction. This is the first gold for me in over 6 months, yay!

I also found four other kids rings, and a mixed bag of goodies including a toy compass, an Elvis Presley bottle opener, a Batman "bat light" that works, two keys, a French 1973 franc, a cut-out Lincoln cent with a cross inside, three bling pendants, a 2011 Springfield Cardinals token, Cub Scout neckerchief slide, small padlock, and a battered brass locket. I rounded out the hunts with over $20.00 in clad for charity.

Thank you for looking. I will be resting most of next week after a cataract surgery on Tuesday. Looking forward (fingers crossed) to 20/20 vision for the first time in my life. I will be back at digging with a vengeance once I am cleared to go. Happy Hunting to all, Sub 8-)
 

Attachments

  • parasempre1.webp
    parasempre1.webp
    57.2 KB · Views: 197
  • parasempre2.webp
    parasempre2.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 175
  • parasempre3.webp
    parasempre3.webp
    61.2 KB · Views: 175
  • parasempre4.webp
    parasempre4.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 164
  • parasempre5.webp
    parasempre5.webp
    57.6 KB · Views: 185
  • parasempre6.webp
    parasempre6.webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 173
  • parasempre7.webp
    parasempre7.webp
    149.4 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 54
NICE SLUG THERE IN PIC 3 ..
 
Really nice Sub. Congrats on the scores!
 
Nice start to your "dear" season. Congrats on some nice rings!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom