Death Traps, Death Traps, and More Death Traps!!!!

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks shortstack, i sure would like to go in there poking around,with what is shown on the other side. where there is a lamb that you picked out. heres the other side. View attachment 713687

I see a crescent shape... like a moon.

Makes me think of "crucifixion eclipse."

Your hoyo is trinity focused.

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
I would've loved to see the photos everyone posted but for some reason i can only see the OP's photos.

I recently moved from Florida to Nevada and have a few books I have in to read and learn. Lord knows I want to educate myself and not be that "sucker" everyone reads about.

Be safe!

Crotalus Scutulatus

Mar 14, 2022
Desert
Detector(s) used
Anti Evil.
Primary Interest:
Other
I would've loved to see the photos everyone posted but for some reason i can only see the OP's photos.

I recently moved from Florida to Nevada and have a few books I have in to read and learn. Lord knows I want to educate myself and not be that "sucker" everyone reads about.

Be safe!
Hi there Aero. Get on out in the great outdoors and start looking around. You should find something out there. I dont know if i have seen anyone posting things from Nevada . Good luck, have fun and stay safe.

Hunter J Flynn

Nov 11, 2012
Concho, Arizona
Primary Interest:
Other
First, I will cut and paste part of the story that will give basic knowledge about this Death Trap. It is from www.treasurehuntersuniversity.com I recommend this site for more information on Spanish Treasure Hunting.

"This last year, one of our own students went down to visit some friends in Mexico. While there, he did a little exploring on their property. After a couple days of exploratory treks, he discovered some large boulders with carved markings. Upon closer inspection,
he found that these were carved markings of snakes and circles. Some of the snakes pointed down and others were coiled. His curiosity increased. Now he began to look even closer, at the other boulders in the area.

A few yards below these snakes and circles, he came across a rather odd looking rock formation. To him, it didn‘t look like anything mother nature would have created. Propped against other support boulders was the carved head and shoulders “silhouette” of a man. crouching down as to lift something heavy. He also sees that the arm and leg
muscles have also been carved. On the left arm, there is a carved notch. Appearing to be where some kind of support was used, to keep the structure in place.

A couple of days later, he found an overgrown area of thick vegetation, rubble rock and a depression on the side of the one hill. This too did not look like the work of mother nature. (This area was approximately 50 yards to the left of the “silhouette”)

It took several days to clear away the vegetation and rubble rock. Under all the rubble rock, was a working Death trap. I will do the best I can, to describe their position and the workings of the trap. (After this photo was taken, the people working this site, decided to trip the trap and redirect the boulder downhill.)"

The first picture is the silhouette rock uphill from the Death Trap.

Next is tha actual Death Trap itself:

Here is Entranceway Death Trap #2 in picture.

1. Is the Trap Boulder

2. Is the "Death Mask" It is a rock carved into the shape of a face. It is notched to fit the Trap Boulder, and hold it in place.

3. is the Trip. It is a quadrilateral shaped rock beam about six feet in length that extends through the right wall of the mineshaft. It blocks the entrance to the mine.

4. Is the support. This is bedrock which, along with the notched "Death Mask" Rock balance the Trap Boulder. It also serves another purpose which I will describe later.

Here's how it works: Our sucker sees the mineshaft behind this big boulder.He is in such a hurry to get to the cache, he just races into the shaft. He finds his way blocked by the Trip. Being in a hurry to get to his fortune, he pushes the Trip out of his way. As he does this, the opposite end of the Trip moves the "Death Mask" rock, allowing the Trap Boulder to roll inward, blocking the entrance. Since the support is part of the bedrock, it prevents anyone (especially whoever is trapped inside) from pushing the boulder out from the entrance. The support would have to be broken up before the Trap Boulder can be moved. Impossible for one sucker inside the shaft (HINT! Don't go it alone!)!

The green lines are where the different rocks have been cut to fit.
not sure of the red box on right side most likely an agave plant but the square on the left.
299653240_795969784766970_1715104096721372796_n.png

Hunter J Flynn

Nov 11, 2012
Concho, Arizona
Primary Interest:
Other
First, I will cut and paste part of the story that will give basic knowledge about this Death Trap. It is from www.treasurehuntersuniversity.com I recommend this site for more information on Spanish Treasure Hunting.

"This last year, one of our own students went down to visit some friends in Mexico. While there, he did a little exploring on their property. After a couple days of exploratory treks, he discovered some large boulders with carved markings. Upon closer inspection,
he found that these were carved markings of snakes and circles. Some of the snakes pointed down and others were coiled. His curiosity increased. Now he began to look even closer, at the other boulders in the area.

A few yards below these snakes and circles, he came across a rather odd looking rock formation. To him, it didn‘t look like anything mother nature would have created. Propped against other support boulders was the carved head and shoulders “silhouette” of a man. crouching down as to lift something heavy. He also sees that the arm and leg
muscles have also been carved. On the left arm, there is a carved notch. Appearing to be where some kind of support was used, to keep the structure in place.

A couple of days later, he found an overgrown area of thick vegetation, rubble rock and a depression on the side of the one hill. This too did not look like the work of mother nature. (This area was approximately 50 yards to the left of the “silhouette”)

It took several days to clear away the vegetation and rubble rock. Under all the rubble rock, was a working Death trap. I will do the best I can, to describe their position and the workings of the trap. (After this photo was taken, the people working this site, decided to trip the trap and redirect the boulder downhill.)"

The first picture is the silhouette rock uphill from the Death Trap.

Next is tha actual Death Trap itself:

Here is Entranceway Death Trap #2 in picture.

1. Is the Trap Boulder

2. Is the "Death Mask" It is a rock carved into the shape of a face. It is notched to fit the Trap Boulder, and hold it in place.

3. is the Trip. It is a quadrilateral shaped rock beam about six feet in length that extends through the right wall of the mineshaft. It blocks the entrance to the mine.

4. Is the support. This is bedrock which, along with the notched "Death Mask" Rock balance the Trap Boulder. It also serves another purpose which I will describe later.

Here's how it works: Our sucker sees the mineshaft behind this big boulder.He is in such a hurry to get to the cache, he just races into the shaft. He finds his way blocked by the Trip. Being in a hurry to get to his fortune, he pushes the Trip out of his way. As he does this, the opposite end of the Trip moves the "Death Mask" rock, allowing the Trap Boulder to roll inward, blocking the entrance. Since the support is part of the bedrock, it prevents anyone (especially whoever is trapped inside) from pushing the boulder out from the entrance. The support would have to be broken up before the Trap Boulder can be moved. Impossible for one sucker inside the shaft (HINT! Don't go it alone!)!

The green lines are where the different rocks have been cut to fit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread