Decent Rebound from yesterdays skunks,More boxes for tomorrow.

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
After yesterdays 4 skunky boxes I wasn't expecting much when I picked up 2 more boxes of the halves I'd ordered,The reason being is because the boxes had the same code as yesterdays...Here are the results:

Box #1- 8 40%s, 2 of them were in the last roll.

Box #2- 2 40%s, SOO much better than a skunk.

I was only able to search 2 of the 8 boxes today due to school and lack thereof time. I have 6 boxes I will search tomorrow and will post results(good or bad) tomorrow night. I also came across $300 of black and white halves machine rolls. Any idea what these are?? The 6 that I have opened of those so far have been skunks. They maybe garda but I have no idea why someone would just dump them off without searching them first. Maybe this person just weighs the rolls or something. Oh well. HH!

Upvote 0

dossier

Aug 23, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very decent finds. Black+White is the norm from Garda for me.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
ImpurestStewart said:
After yesterdays 4 skunky boxes I wasn't expecting much when I picked up 2 more boxes of the halves I'd ordered,The reason being is because the boxes had the same code as yesterdays...Here are the results:

Box #1- 8 40%s, 2 of them were in the last roll.

Box #2- 2 40%s, SOO much better than a skunk.

I was only able to search 2 of the 8 boxes today due to school and lack thereof time. I have 6 boxes I will search tomorrow and will post results(good or bad) tomorrow night. I also came across $300 of black and white halves machine rolls. Any idea what these are?? The 6 that I have opened of those so far have been skunks. They maybe garda but I have no idea why someone would just dump them off without searching them first. Maybe this person just weighs the rolls or something. Oh well. HH!

A lot of the time if they have a non-high volume CRHer (someone who only spends $100 at a time) or ordered a box and no one picked it up, tellers will break a box and sell them a roll at a time to prevent it from taking space within a vault.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've bought partial boxes many times...usually left over from a low volume CRHer or a small business.

I scoop these up whenever I can get them.

Lawrence

Sep 27, 2011
MA, USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generic_Lad said:
A lot of the time if they have a non-high volume CRHer (someone who only spends $100 at a time) or ordered a box and no one picked it up, tellers will break a box and sell them a roll at a time to prevent it from taking space within a vault.

I bought the remains of someone's box like that. B&W rolls, too.

OP
OP
ImpurestStewart

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The black and white rolls were skunk. They have 26 more rolls at that bank, I'll go get the rest and see what happens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread