What's new

Decent weekend

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
1,734
Reaction score
2,760
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, Nokta Triple Score, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spent the weekend detecting a beach at a local lake. Found quite a few newer coins but did luck out with a 1946 wheatie. Not sure what a .50 caliber bullet is doing on the beach but then again the Chuck E Cheese token is odd too. There is not one within a 3 hour drive from here. The McDonalds car is in pretty nice shape even though it is marked 1998.

I did manage to find a nice ring. I believe it is sterling silver.
 

Attachments

  • Coins.webp
    Coins.webp
    201.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 1946Wheat.webp
    1946Wheat.webp
    547.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Various.webp
    Various.webp
    222.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Mark.webp
    Mark.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 135
Nice digs. Looks like the wheat had been in a bezel and plated?
 
Congrats on the Silver ring and Wheat score!
 
Nice digs. Looks like the wheat had been in a bezel and plated?

I agree with you that it seems the coin was in a bezel but it was not found with one and the reverse is completely oxidized so I'm not sure how to explain this. I'm scratching my head on this one :icon_scratch:.
 

Attachments

  • Reverse.webp
    Reverse.webp
    146.3 KB · Views: 118

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom