What's new

Decorative Buckle Help

burlington

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I found this old decorative buckle at the same site as the flintlock pocket pistol I posted last week. It measures 2 1/4" on the outside and the inside diameter is 1". There are no backmarks to be discerned. The face has gold gilt and enamel finish. As you can see, I have done very little cleaning. Thanks for your help.
 

Attachments

  • flintlock 011.webp
    flintlock 011.webp
    88.3 KB · Views: 275
That is one sweet looking buckle!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:


Tim
 
Upvote 0
Very nice piece.

I'm guessing Victorian era enamelled sash buckle - 1880's to 1900ish.

vict60623.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I not so sure it's a buckle. It might be a pin or hairpiece made to look like a buckle. The reason I'm thinking this is because the tongue on the buckle is not functional and it has the piece going across the back.
 
Upvote 0
Attractive ladie's buckle. Extremely well preserved!
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
Very nice piece.

I'm guessing Victorian era enameled sash buckle - 1880's to 1900ish.



DCMatt

:thumbsup: Yep, Victorian enameled buckle . ..whether sash or otherwise it's a nice find! Breezie
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
Very nice piece.

I'm guessing Victorian era enamelled sash buckle - 1880's to 1900ish.

vict60623.jpg


DCMatt

Agreed with the timeframe & its a immitation type buckle
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom