What's new

Decorative lead thing?

litefire56

Bronze Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
1,547
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
I dug this at about 12" because it sounded like 2 Morgan dollars stuck together.
It's about 2.5" in diameter and weighs over 4 ounces. I believe it's lead as you can
see in the one pic. Couldn't resist giving it a light scratch to see what the base metal was.
Looks like it had the same conical sockets on each end, but one was destroyed.
It came from the same dirt that I've been pulling Barbers and IH's only much deeper.
Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • johnsnew 47361.webp
    johnsnew 47361.webp
    132 KB · Views: 324
  • johnsnew 47362.webp
    johnsnew 47362.webp
    123.2 KB · Views: 327
  • johnsnew 47363.webp
    johnsnew 47363.webp
    34 KB · Views: 321
  • johnsnew 47366.webp
    johnsnew 47366.webp
    44.6 KB · Views: 317
I think it is a pendulum weight for a clock
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
I think it is a pendulum weight for a clock
yep, could be. I wonder why so many pendulums are found? :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
LF56 I found one like yours many years ago. The one end has a u shaped piece of metal,
maybe to hook on to or turn 180 and something hangs from it. The other end has the
thread piece. Hope the picture helps. DFW

DSCN0420.webp
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0421.webp
    DSCN0421.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 254
Upvote 0
Another amazing I.D. by Creskol :icon_thumleft: It also looks like DFW's is an exact match. Big green check?
 
Upvote 0
The thread is a faster/slower adjustment. I dont know about the hook. Green check for sure.
 

Attachments

  • pendulum adjustment nut.webp
    pendulum adjustment nut.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 167
  • pendulum adjustment nut.webp
    pendulum adjustment nut.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom