What's new

Decorative lid and rust relic

Michiganne

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2007
Messages
4,403
Reaction score
551
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all. I found these two items recently and wondered if anyone might have an idea what they might be. First item looks like a small decorative lid of some type. :dontknow: Second item I was guessing might be part of a latch. :icon_scratch:

TIA for any help. :icon_thumleft:

HH,
Michiganne
 

Attachments

  • P1170374comp.webp
    P1170374comp.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 485
  • P1170375comp.webp
    P1170375comp.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 483
  • P1170377comp.webp
    P1170377comp.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 477
  • P1170378comp.webp
    P1170378comp.webp
    16 KB · Views: 490
  • P1170379comp.webp
    P1170379comp.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 486
Hi Michie,
Well, I recognize the wheatie. Aside from that, the pendant/emblem appears to be fairly modern; not sure the significance. May have some copper in it by the looks of the green tint. Sorry I'm such an idiot in metals.

The encrusted thing appears more intriguing. Have you tried electrolysis on it to unbake it? It's not hard; just takes some stamina to put it all together and watch it disintegrate. I rather enjoy it. Lots of instructions around. Interesting items. Thanks.
 
Upvote 0
Finberg vanity case lid (powder/rouge). Based lobe circa 1927.

http://collectingvintagecompacts.blogspot.com/2011/05/finberg-manufacturing-company-legacy-of.html#!/2011/05/finberg-manufacturing-company-legacy-of.html

How's the electrolysis coming along?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom