What's new

Decorative Peice. Pat Jan 6 1874. Need info!

smf399

Full Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2012
Messages
199
Reaction score
81
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in a 1880s bottle dump. It says Pat Jan 6 1874. The piece next to it broke of a little after I dug it up. Any info would be great.
 

Attachments

  • image-3922306491.webp
    image-3922306491.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 109
  • image-1548081438.webp
    image-1548081438.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 82
smf399-I love seeing all of this really cool stuff you've been posting, but when you ask, "What is it?" it would be so much more helpful if you could please post dimensions along with pics. I thought your eagle box was Sucrets sized until you posted the dimensions : )
 
Upvote 0
Catobra said:
smf399-I love seeing all of this really cool stuff you've been posting, but when you ask, "What is it?" it would be so much more helpful if you could please post dimensions along with pics. I thought your eagle box was Sucrets sized until you posted the dimensions : )

You are very right and from now on I will do that. The measurements on this relic is 2 by 1and1/2 in. Thanks.
 
Upvote 0
Likely old steamer trunk strap/hinge,Like pic below........................decorative piece only.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:
 

Attachments

  • 167-large-wood-dome-3quarters[1].webp
    167-large-wood-dome-3quarters[1].webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Likely old steamer trunk strap/hinge,Like pic below........................decorative piece only.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:
I would agree except for that extra tab. If it was attached to the bigger piece, I would bet it was a drawer pull.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom