What's new

Deep seeking help

jim7

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 24, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, New to site. Have been searching caches with a deep seeker and have a few deep hits. My detector doesn't discriminate. Wanted to see if anyone has a deep discriminating detector in Maryland or Virginia area. I would like to get more info before digging.
 
Discrimination On any detector is just about maxed out at 8 or so inches. It is not reliable below that. The mineralization in soil throughs it way off below that. Just a thought. Frank five star.webp
 
Thanks, Still learning. What about the jeohunter? Is that one any good at discriminating deeper than 4 feet?
 
just read the write up on that jeohunter and that thing looks awesome for anyone who can afford it. I'm lucky to have a 600$ AT PRO. I don't know anything about it but I say go for it jim and let us know how you do. And if you come down to Virginia with it lemme know, I'd like to see it in action.
 
Jim are you hunting a good tip on a cache, or just getting random signals and wondering if its a cache ? If you are chasing a known cache, I would be putting the shovel to the ground on the deep hit signals. If you are just out getting deep hit signals, it could be anything in the ground from old car hubcaps to metal pipes.
 
4ft!? I doubt ANY detector will help. Look into G.P.R.
Good luck.
Peace
 
Thanks, I've been getting random hits don't have any solid history for them other than ground looks undeveloped.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom