Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was one heck of a challenge and you FOUND IT! VERY AWESOME!!!
The snow and frozen ground alone is daunting then plus all the metal pens! YOU ROCK!!!

May the mountains of snow melt soon!

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that snow and you are still detecting!! <grin>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Rick. Seems like all we ever see or hear about is the "Bad" on the news. What you did and others do, in returning found items to their owners is priceless and bodes well for mankind. There are still good and honest people in this crazy world today! Hope the new site is a great one for you.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find and return! Congrads on all and Hope to see more Gold! . :headbang:

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet save Rick. We may miss this storm coming tomorrow but Sunday could be hard on us. I'm dying for a hunt. It's a rough winter but I know your not too far away going through the same crap I am. You know what they say...
"misery likes company"!!!
Just joking! [emoji2]

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Rick, great save! Always nice to hear the good news (but shouldn't we expect that of "us Maritimers"?) Anyway, good to see you're at least getting to hunt these days *L*... snow up to our chins around here! (Probably my fault for buying a new ATP last fall!!)

By the way, that pic of the target "in situ"....... are you sure you aren't missing an "h" in there somewhere...? ;-)

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Rick, glad to see you are getting "out" ???

I have only ever found one ring for someone - a stainless steel wedding band. Who gets a stainless steel wedding band and where do you set your disc :dontknow: Luckily it was in a pile of pine needles. I have found lots of property stakes for people. Just found one for my ex-fiancΓ©s parents in December that I though was going to be a wild goose chase. But they let me hunt an old house on their property where I have found a couple DB Large Cents, a couple 2 cent pieces and some other buttons and coins, so I was happy to help them out.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not many times you will get to find a ring in a nice pile of manure. Congrats on the fragrant find.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Job well done Rick, the conditions are about as tough as you can get right there not to mention the cold. She picked the right guy for the job.
Which detector were you using in the barn?
ZDD
PS; I just nominated you for an honorable mention, not giving up on that poor girl's ring in the freezing temps we have been having and to actually find the ring in the barn full of rebar and steel is incredible. You are certainly hard core Buddy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dave, I was using the Omega, as you know my favorite...if you can stand all the noise, and I guess especially in this case it is good to be able to ID the "good" noise from the background noise. Yes as you know I had sent it back to FT but I was told there was nothing wrong with it ? that does puzzle me a bit, anyway...now I know that just because it won't GB with a button, don't mean a lot, as it never really did.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice recovery on the ring, and all the best at getting a keeper or two when you hit the old house site.

Snow out your way it is too crazy this year, It's going to take awhile before it melts this season.

I'm scared that it will not be almost May until all of the snow melts. Last year I could fully detect by early March. I did not end my season until early January compared to early November the season before. So I guess the wait will be shorter this year than last year if it thaws sooner.

Coinman123,

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool story and a good deed brother:thumbsup:

~Blaze~