What's new

Delawares Coin Beach Sunday

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,821
Reaction score
76,260
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Delaware's Coin Beach Sunday

3 of us should be heading to coin beach beach Sunday
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This time of year most likely atlantic city,You have a good of a chance there as anywhere..Good luck
 
Thanks !
Looks like it will most likely be Coin Beach.

Be calling our driver saturday to nail down leaving time
 
to those who were willing to give me info via PM's thank you. :headbang: :occasion14:

To those afraid to give info We haven't decided if we are going to clean it out while there,
but are thinking about digging up every last piece of gold that is still in the sand
on Sunday, so you's better try and get it before us :treasurechest::2barsgold::coins::goldbar::3barsgold::skullflag:
 
Last edited:
Delaware Route 1 was closed until about 45 minutes ago. (Gotta love those Deldot traffic cameras.) Closed all day today. -Storm flooded the road - again. They just planted grasses on the dunes in the last couple weeks. I bet they're all gone now.
 
Delaware Route 1 was closed until about 45 minutes ago. (Gotta love those Deldot traffic cameras.) Closed all day today. -Storm flooded the road - again. They just planted grasses on the dunes in the last couple weeks. I bet they're all gone now.

Interesting, I saw the waves in Atlantic City were pounding the beach all day today,
but didn't see any signs of flooding up there.

Thanks :icon_thumright:
 
The cameras this pm SEEMED to show very little beach...actually. Just a lot of water. Oops. ANYWHERE on the beach from VA to NJ should be good this weekend. Farther north than that it will probably still be snowing. I'm trying at least 3 different places. Any place reasonable to try for colonial Spanish coins?
 
If anybody hits the mid Atlantic coast this weekend, watch out for rogue waves. Apparently the Coast Guard is in the midst of rescues of boaters that got swept overboard this pm. The coin beach area is a rough stretch of water with nasty zip tides.
 
Coin Beach.webp

Untitled.webp
Untitled.webp
 
Last edited:
Nope, can't park on the beach. In order to take a vehicle on the beach you need a permit from the state of Delaware for a 4 wheel drive vehicle for surf fishing, and a valid fishing license. You have to be actively surf fishing. Can't park and detect. Not supposed to drop off or pick up people either, although I waved down a couple with a truck a few weeks ago and asked for a ride off the beach cause I twisted my ankle. Can't detect on the dunes or even walk on the dunes and no dogs allowed. (I read all the signs.) And while I don't have a 4wd vehicle I'd LOVE to be able to park on the beach and detect. What you see in the photo is not a road, it is loose sand. 4wd only, there is an "air station" across the street at the paved parking lot. The surf fishermen let the air out of their tires so they won't sink in the sand then when they leave they refill the tires. Most carry shovels. I saw some awesome rockfish and redfish caught there last year.
 
Get a pic of the bridge and the other parking lot. Here are some goodies from this year.[/ATTACH]coinbeach.webpcoinbeach1.webpcoinbeach2.webp

I especially like the copper coin with rocks still attached.
 
ok on the no beach :( I'll need close parking for me :(

Not sure what you want here if you want closer on something

22.webp
Untitled11.webp
33.webp
 
?

mmm.webpmmm.webp
 
You can park on that parking lot, walk right under the bridge, there is a sidewalk, turn left and start detecting immediately. And for another 2 and a half miles all the way past the lifesaving museum. It's a couple hundred yard to the water all in all. On the bottom of the photo, out of sight on the other side of the inlet it's only 150 feet to the water. That's where most of the swimmers go. Lots of nice Arctic birds and waterfowl there right now, probably getting ready to migrate back north. Saw a whole flock of surfers last week too.
 
is this the parking Lot ?

Untitled11.webp
 
Yes, that's the parking lot. Fee to park either place is $4 per vehicle for Delaware residents and $8 for out of state. There are little kiosks to place one's "donation" in. I want to get to Ocean City and get some of the Spanish doubloons. Too much beach, too little time. At this parking lot you can park 24-7. The other lot at Savages Ditch Road is (I think) 8 am to sunset. The "body" of your arrow is over a construction lot. They are taking the old bridge down.
 
AH OK thanks ! I guess that's where we will park then.


OH & nice finds !

I hope I get to take something home other then clad
this will only be the 5th time I've ever hunted on a beach.
and 3 of them were planted hunts.
not really my thing but. if I find gold there it will be :laughing7:

Hope to see ya Sunday !

Jeff
 
Seen Smokeythecat gold coin a month ago and it pulled my chain. So I had to go..

I was able to find a few kewl things, my second time there I had a better idea on how to hunt the place.
Most of the coins I have seen come out of there are in very poor condition, except SmokesGold. Mine was in Bad shape also..
King George III counter stamped Copper/Gold coin

love token.webp

I think there will be several hunters on the beach come saturday so you may want to get there early as possible...Friday would be even better........Good Luck..Take some pic's
 
we definitely won't be there till Sunday.

Will give everyone else a chance to clean up :laughing7:

interesting King George :icon_thumright:
 
hello jeff,what part of pa are you from? If you wouldnt mind I would like to meet you at coin beach sunday if you dont mind. Im from pa also
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom