What's new

Deleon & Cortes Comparison

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
642
Golden Thread
1
Location
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Deleon & Cortes Comparison

I'm really excited that I will be getting a Cortes. I know the Deleon and Cortes are very simular, am I gonna like the Cortes better? I know I loved the Deleon! Anyone have experience with both? Thanks for input! Shane
 
Re: Deleon & Cortes Comparison

Glad you got your Cortes Shane.
Lots of nobs and toggles - I just love the way it looks.
HH
Bill
 
Re: Deleon & Cortes Comparison

Shane it should be an easy transition.
 
Re: Deleon & Cortes Comparison

If you like the D you should like the Cortes which has more features. That is as long as you have decent eyesight. I looked at the Cortes before getting the D and didn't like the way everything was crammed onto such a small display.
 
Re: Deleon & Cortes Comparison

Metalmolly,
i actually have grown quite accustomed to the intensity of sound etc. and figuring out a good signal from a bad. I want to be able to rely less on the TID so who knows a small display could be a plus. I also dig just about everything and my eyesight is o.k
 
Re: Deleon & Cortes Comparison

I added this label to my Cortes for easier reading. Made it with Microsoft Excel. I love the Cortes, so easy to use.
 

Attachments

  • Cortes Meter.webp
    Cortes Meter.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 515
  • Cortes Meter.webp
    Cortes Meter.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 526
Re: Deleon & Cortes Comparison

The small display was the only thing that put me off on the Cortes. Otherwise it sounds great to me - like a souped up Deleon with All metal gb, backlight and the sum feature. That label looks like a fine idea.
 
Re: Deleon & Cortes Comparison

I have a Cortes as well and i think that was a great idea.Does your excel have spell check? LoL
 
Re: Deleon & Cortes Comparison

KevinTheMule said:
Hey Tykit,

What's the little red sticker on the right (on the Batt Lvl) display used for?

Just curious,

KTM

I will answer for him, it looks like when the batts are full the smear matches the red sticker height.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom