nomad 11
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Nov 21, 2009
- Messages
- 2,474
- Reaction score
- 2,489
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- nomads land
- Detector(s) used
- any tector i can get my hands on
- #1
Thread Owner
i'd like to know how many delta depth meters give accurate readings or even close.my readings are all off the board.even if i lay a coin on the surface of the ground it gives a 2 bar reading.THIS REALLY ANNOYS ME!the machine is only a year old now.are all the teknetics and bounty hunter machines like this?
) when I realized that when i am swinging my coil ,it is an inch or so from the actual ground surface. Before I realized this I would dig my targets with my Craftsman digger( that has 1 inch increments marked on it ) according to the depth meter. If it said 4", I would cut my plug to the 4" mark but find nothing. So I would swing the coil over the laid over plug and get nothing. I would go back over the hole again and get that good signal. Obviously ,I would dig the hole a little deeper and there would be my target which had me second guessing the machine's depth meter. It wasn't until I took a friend hunting with me(just got his detector that day) that my mistake was brought to light. He hit his first strong signal and I walked over to see. As he got out his digging tool he said " well , the depth meter shows 5 inches so I guess I should dig down 6-7" since I have been swinging the coil over this taller grass". The
went off right then and there.The machine's depth meter wasn't off, mine was. 







