What's new

Delta 4000 or Minuteman

mcrow

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 17, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO FIND 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking at getting one of these two, they look like the same price at this point.

They seem pretty similar in a lot of ways, same coil it looks like. Looks like maybe the Delta 4000 has more features though. Minuteman seems to have better recovery based on videos I've seen.

What would you recommend?
 
The Minuteman is a re-badged Euro Tek Pro and these two have been compared by many on the forums over the years.
It has been stated by a few that had both the Pro is faster, deeper, quieter and locks on to deeper targets better.
Very close to an Omega depth with the big DD coil on it someone said.

If it is between these two with the discount number the Minuteman is $199 so I would go for that one if it were me.
 
I will say this, having owned both doing side by side tests. The Delta, latest gen is deeper just as fast better discrimination. With the 8" concentric coil my Delta is every bit as deep as the Gamma 6000 latest Gen on very mild soil. The Delta air tests at 12" on a nickel and quarter, the ETP cant do that with a similar size coil. The only advantage the ETP has is the iron audio.
 
Don't me to take away from the comparison and I know this is a Teknetics forum but if I wanted to compare my 300i I already own to the Delta or the ETP or LRP with the 8" concentric compared to my 7x10 would it make sense for me to keep what I have or consider the Teknetics 4000, ETP or even LRP for what it can do, just tell me if you believe it is worth looking at getting, sounds like were talking the 4000 if I am hearing correctly. I can get a 4000 with headphones and a pinpointer which I already own the same pinpointer all for ~278 CAN right now..brand new!
 
Last edited:
I like the LRP over the 4000 or ETP (and Ace 400...so yes the 300i as well). Options and performance wise I feel like it is the best performer of the bunch. The LRP actually passes nails tests my T2 Classic can't.

The Delta IMO does much better with the 8in concentric that comes stock. I feel it loses something with the 11DD. The LRP can do some amazing things with either coil. Said it 1000X...LRP = one of the best deals in all of detecting.
 
Never used the Minuteman but I do know the Delta is a great machine for the money. The depth is unbelievable; especially on small targets.
You probably can't go wrong with either because Teknetics machines are fantastic.

It ultimately depends on what you like personally and what type of hunting you plan on doing. Both of these units will find treasure as long as you're willing to swing and dig.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom