Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
....or calling member liar ....

For the record: I do not consider finders-keepers to be a "liar". On the contrary, finders-keepers is quite sincere. The issue boils down to the word "found". To finders-keepers, he has "found" something, if he's narrowed it down to a certain cave, meadow, etc.... But to others, it's not "found", unless you've actually recovered something.

So the issue revolves around definitions of "found". Thus, for finders-keepers definition : No, he's not a liar.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yaunnnnnnnnnnn..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my prediction, insulting, attacking and bashing directed at members will earn time outs as a couple found out already.

"Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name calling, [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]denigration[/FONT] and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!"

"Keep the discussion civil, respectful and on topic. (This is a family friendly website!)"

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
And I very much love finders-keepers having done all this. Because it's a case-example of scores of similar stories & legends that come up on T'net. This one has all the components . And as such: Is a fascinating case example of the psychology of treasure fever. To under-score the recurring themes that run through each of them. Any why/how people think what they think, do what they do, say what they say, etc....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Here is my prediction, ....

oops, I think we "jinxed" each other. I posted at the exact same time as you, to clarify that I am not considering Finder-keeper to be lying. On the contrary: He is quite sincere.

And I hope that to say "where's the proof?" (albeit rather ... uh ... "spirited" ) is not to be considered "bashing".

I'm actually sort of glad he came on with this story. Because it gives all of us here at T'net, an inside look at how these things get started, how easy they are to believe, how folks react to counter-evidence, etc... Ie.: a real look at the psychology that goes into the legends.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1523899564.109363.jpg

Tom a offer just for you. Come to Arizona. I'll take you to touch, feel and smell the lost silver bars of the Silver King Mine. Course they are no longer lost. You have been spouting about treasure and bull stories so I thought you would like to see the real deal. Your not that far away.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... Tom a offer just for you. Come to Arizona. I'll take you to touch, feel and smell the lost silver bars of the Silver King Mine. ....

We've been in this conversation before. I've seen those pix before. And : You did not personally find them. Right ? Someone else found them. Eh ?

Ok, then so too can I tell you of "dazzling tips of icebergs" I've been shown. That have "stellar lineage" . Ie.: Spoken of, in first-person-present-tense "found", by the person showing them to me. I was blown away. Certainly a metal detector will make "child's play" of finding the rest. Right ?

But guess what happens when you go to trace the roots and origins of the coins or bars or whatever it is you're being shown ?

I too can bring you to CA and show you "bars of silver" or "gold coins", etc.... That "my good friend so & so 'found' ". But the moment you scrutinize my "good friend so & so", then guess what ? It turns out he didn't actually dig the bars or coins. But not to worry : He got it on good authority from so & so.

Are you beginning to see the permanent regression ?

So for me to go to AZ and touch/feel/taste silver bars someone can show me (with the back-drop of an obvious made-up treasure legend ghost story in the same photo), then . ........ gee .... I wish it were more conclusive than that :(

But hey, I've had a good time md'ing in AZ in years past. Barbers, IH's, relics, etc....

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am moving to Ca. to join professor Tom to search for treasures in his state and Pennsylvania. We will keep in touch.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
You know Tom I've yet to see you post anything positive. I made a great offer and you scoffed at it. My friend who is a partner in the Silver King recovered them. He called me to come over. Had something to show me. I suppose he pulled 150 pounds of silver out of his butt. The drill holes are for assay samples.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
You know Tom I've yet to see you post anything positive. .....

It can be "positive" to get to the root of the merits of a treasure story. I would very much call that "positive".

I too have been shown such "tips of icebergs". And rushed off in search of treasure because of them (hard to disupute , eh ? After all, the person didn't 'pull it out of his #ss', right ? But lo & behold , other explanations surfaced. Even when the person was phrasing it in first person present tense "found".

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You know Tom I've yet to see you post anything positive. I made a great offer and you scoffed at it. My friend who is a partner in the Silver King recovered them. He called me to come over. Had something to show me. I suppose he pulled 150 pounds of silver out of his butt. The drill holes are for assay samples.

Butt ,holes, and assay's...... Strange things silver bar discussions. L.o.l..

Hope you are well Sarge.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that it hurt taking all the silver out of his butt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions