Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sniffed out 2 silver quarters, 6 wheat pennies and 1 silver war nickel. The area is 20 yds x 20 yds. I have been hitting this spot over the last year, many times. I had used the stock coil and the SP24 to the point where 'keeper' production ceased. This is my honey spot. The Detech coil mated on the Simplex with v2.77 made things new again. The only rub was that I got spoiled by the light-weight SP24 as the Detech coil is an ounce heavier than the stock SP28 coil. All-in-all, I am happy with this coil. This is the coil to use after a SP28 or SP24 clean-up. The $0.61 that I found was easily as deep as the PulseDive length, plus some. I wouldn't take this coil to a trashy area. :usflag:

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a deep coil . I've used those on other detectors and really liked them.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update;
So I went to my 2nd favorite place with the Detech coil. This area was bled dry with the SP28 and SP24 coils previously. Enter the Detech coil, ... 9 dimes, 1 penny and 1 severely bent quarter later (and some trash), I was impressed again. I suspect that the amount of dimes was due to them being small and deeper than the SP28 and SP24s ability to 'see' them, ... just a thought. I'm still learning this coil. I'm gonna have a 'Popeye' right arm swinging this puppy:) Detech should market an 'Ultimate SP24' type coil.

relative Simplex Coil weights (rounded)
SP22 ~ 17 oz.
SP24 ~ 18 oz.
SP28 (stock coil) ~ 19 oz.
Detech Ultimate ~ 20 oz.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Final thought, ... this coil gobbles-up deep dimes!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great information!
How much diffrence between it and the SP 28 in depth?

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Ultimate hits deeper and is more productive than the SP28, however not as deep-hitting, the SP24 has been the highest performer of the lot. I haven't tried the SP22

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Ultimate hits deeper and is more productive than the SP28, however not as deep-hitting, the SP24 has been the highest performer of the lot. I haven't tried the SP22
I have the same results between the SP 28 and the SP 24. I have found dimes at 10 inches with the SP 24. I think a lot has to do with the mineral content of the soil you are detecting on also. I hunt mostly parks,so the SP 24 is the "weapon" of choice,99% of the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread