What's new

Detecting an old demolished school site looking for a time capsule

BleeperNooby

Greenie
Joined
Aug 22, 2016
Messages
12
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I didnt find the time capsule yet. I only detected about 4 hours. 1 1/2 hours was digging this thing out. This is by far is my coolest find. I have a video of it all but I am too tired to post it yet. It was very hot today.

So here is what I found

BN E3 Find Cville School__Compressed.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 20
Wow that is really cool
 
Hello BleeperNooby,

Congratualtions on the nice relic recovery! :occasion14:

Finding time capsules are difficult if you do not have any map or written records. I have been asked to find a time capsule with no records. Well, there was a yearly log for the establishment, funny, that year is missing :dontknow:. all other yearly logs are accounted for! Perhaps, this capsule has been removed a few years ago..."if you know what I mean".

Take your time and think about where it could be located (trees, rocks, corner stones...etc.). Most are within 5' - 15' of a focal point, so people will not forget :icon_scratch: IMHO, If no records turn up,then begin clearing out the small junk and after bring in a pulse machine or box unit to punch down. If the capsule is buried in a large metal box and/or contains a large portion of metal, you will stand a chance of recovering the object.

I wish you well in your quest.

If you should have any questions, please feel free to PM

Regards,

Doc
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom