detecting for metal detectors

nuggetnoggin

Jul 8, 2010
somewhere in NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Fisher F70, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i had a good day today it started out slow, and then we found an old homesite, after a little bit of scouting i found a bottle dump but didnt find much in it so i went back to detecting, i saw an old barn in the growed up woods i went to check it out and after i looked inside of it i saw a pond down hill. I detected my way over there and i got a solid , headphone blowing signal, i looked in the leaves and saw something that looked like a geiger count, then i saw the coil, so i went back and got my camera because i knew i just found a metal detector while metal detecting. now thats a rare find !

Attachments

• DSC01705.JPG
    DSC01705.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 1,171
  • DSC01706.JPG
    DSC01706.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,168
  • DSC01707.JPG
    DSC01707.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,168
Upvote 0
Didn't need the detector anymore after he found the cache of missing '33 double Eagles :laughing9:

yes the malfunctioning machine theory fits best.

prob a newbie and he couldnt get it to work right and threw it down there.

i once saw a guy at my park using a chinese cheapie

we talked and itried to help him w the settings.

as i left i noticed it in the trash can

wasnt worth saving he had detsryed it fully

probably a newbie got fed up digging all them ghost signals and threw it away,guess thats why the nail was used for holding the coil on the shaft :laughing9: :laughing9:

On second thought, it could be the machine that Jimmy Hoffa used on his last hunt, the machine looks to be old enough.
:laughing7:

Could they not run the Serial numbers off the machine at the company ? They might be able to see who's machine that was!
If nothing else I would just like to know, and it might have been stolen and just left there.

Daedalus said:
Could they not run the Serial numbers off the machine at the company ? They might be able to see who's machine that was!
If nothing else I would just like to know, and it might have been stolen and just left there.

Yeah, how about that for an honorable mention story. "Metal detectorist digs up metal detector and returns it to original owner."

Great find, kinda a once in a lifetime find. So, where any leaves on top of it, like maybe it had lain there for more than a couple of years. Maybe you should have dug down under it a few feet, maybe he was still hanging on to it.

I actually find metal detectors all the time, especially when I detect with my club. Now if the users attached to the handles would realize this when I find them I might get to keep one for a change. Hmmmm! Well maybe not. ;D

Ed D.

look around the area he may have hit the mother load and had a heart a stroke...lol

Daedalus said:
not many people steal a detector to leave it out it the woods they would sell it

thrillathahunt said:
Daedalus said:

Yeah, how about that for an honorable mention story. "Metal detectorist digs up metal detector and returns it to original owner."
mine, the owner dont want it they through it out, no batteries in it at a growed up old homesite been vacant for 15 years.

knighthunter said:
Great find, kinda a once in a lifetime find. So, where any leaves on top of it, like maybe it had lain there for more than a couple of years. Maybe you should have dug down under it a few feet, maybe he was still hanging on to it.
yes leaves were on top of the coil and it sunk it the ground about 2inches just from sitting there all that time

No wonder he chucked it, he fixed it with a nail over the coil :-[

That nail holding the coil on the lower arm is a classic :tongue3: Reminds me of when I used to sell fishing equipment. This guy pulled his boat into the parking lot of the shop and came in complaining that the new depth finder he just bought was not working. When we checked it out we saw that the transducer was mounted upside down. My immediate reaction was "How deep is the sky?" Too funny :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back