What's new

Detecting related book ideas for Christmas?

Mr. Digger

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2014
Messages
724
Reaction score
2,001
Golden Thread
1
Location
MASATHVSETS
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are some of the better reference books for coins and relics out there related to our hobby? My family asks me for gift ideas all the time. I swing the Nox 800 and I've put the Andy Sabisch book on my list. I'm also aware of Buckleboy William Plummer's book "Relics: A Guide to Identification". Any other suggestions?
 
"Artifacts of Colonial America" by Igor Noel Hume, "American Artifacts of personal adornment 1680 - 1820 by Carolyn L. White and "Discovering British Military Badges and Buttons" by R.J Wilkinson-Luthum have been useful resources in understanding and attempting to identify many of the artifacts I have found.
 
"Artifacts of Colonial America" by Igor Noel Hume, "American Artifacts of personal adornment 1680 - 1820 by Carolyn L. White and "Discovering British Military Badges and Buttons" by R.J Wilkinson-Luthum have been useful resources in understanding and attempting to identify many of the artifacts I have found.
Thx I do have the Hume book but I'll check out the White and the British military suggestions
 
American Military Belt Plates by Michael J. O'Donnell is an excellent reference book and even if you have never found a military plate, it's fun to just look thru and read. I have referenced it a few times for Belt Plates that I have found, and used it to I.D. a few plates for some of my club members.
 
Mr Digger Merr6y Christmas to you and your family. In my opinion Two of the better books on treasure hunting are Karl Von Mueller Treasure Hunter's manual #6 and Karl Von Mueller Treasure Hunter's #7 As for your requests it is hard to be Albert's button book
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom