What's new

Detector Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter robbuckalew
  • Start date Start date
R

robbuckalew

Guest
Yesterday I went out and had a pretty good day. I pulled out a few wheat-backs and My first merc dime (1928).
I went out today to find my long lost wedding band and when I turned on my machine it starting to act eratic.
Turned down sensitivity, changed batteries and restarted it numerous times. I can't figure it out. Do I have to send it back?

By the way it is my Prizm IV. 2nd time out with this machine.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
 
Are there power lines around? I don't believe you have ground balance, as our Prizm 2 does not and on certain ground it does not play well, so I would try your original area again and if it acts ok., it may be the ground you are hunting.
 
Check your coil connection and double check your batteries. I made a new battery change once that turned out the "new" battery was DOA. If it's not any of what's been suggested, I'd call Whites.
Good Luck,
Bill
 
sounds like a problem like I had turned out one of my connections was loose was driving me nuts.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom