Deus compared to....

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't actually run a test when I had an AT Pro against the Deus, because I had them at different times. The AT Pro went fairly deep, but I know that I was getting a consistent silver dime air test out of the Deus at the 8-9" mark (estimate) with the 9" coil. It is a deep detector.

I would go as far as to say that it was my deepest, repeatable signal detector out of the most recent ones I've used (AT Pro, CTX, CZ3D, Etrac, Vanquero). I hit a small yard really hard with an AT Pro with the (5x8 and stock coil), CTX with (stock and 6" coil) and Etrac (stock coil) and I was just able to squeeze out sounds at 10 inches with the Deus (9" coil) and they were wheat cents. This is why I want another.

Oh, to add some additional credibility, the yard is 25' x 30' and the signals were not consistent with any other machine, but consistent enough with the Deus to warrant a pinpoint and dig.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JWT70

JWT70

May 26, 2012
Do you have an 11"coil for it? It should go even deeper.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't have the 11" coil and yes, I am sure it would have gone a few inches deeper. More so if it was the 13" coil.

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pointman - thanks for the info!

The only thing I can add is the 11" coil most def goes deeper than the 9" and cleans up the signals that are just barely in the range of the 9". I have all 3 coils and to tell the truth I dont see a whole lot of difference in the 11" and the 13". Maybe I just need more time on the 11" but so far the 13" is practical enough to use full time in a farm field (save the really bad iron patches).

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Tejon, AT Pro, and an f75 se. The Tejon seems to go the deepest. How does the Deus compare with these detectors?

I'd say that it doesn't really compare with any of them. If you know what you are doing with the different frequencies and other settings, it becomes a detector in a class by itself. Add on to that the fact that the control unit's software can be upgraded for free, it creates an even bigger gap.

I had the Deus for months before I decided to bury a dime at 10" to see exactly how the settings work. Sure, it's not exactly the same as a coin that has been in the ground for decades, but it gives you a good idea. My favorite program can ping a dime at 13" as clear as can be, an unmistakable "must dig".

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would you mind sharing that program?

I'll send you a message once I get near my remote control. The thing to remember is that a particular program may not perform exactly the same across the country. I'm willing to bet your soil in OK is different than in MI.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Send me your program also.

katfish

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2012
central texas
Detector(s) used
whites mxt XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to have that program also! My DEUS is on the way from BigBoysHobbies.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no program for the Deus that will hit a 13" dime in Virginia!

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Tejon, AT Pro, and an f75 se. The Tejon seems to go the deepest. How does the Deus compare with these detectors?
Only ran the f75 se and F75ltd2 and Deus. It depends on your ground. My estimation 3 bar or less on the f75 fe meter, F75ltd or ltd2 is deeper. What I call a light Four bar fe soil, a tossup. Hard 4 bar fe soil Deus winner. Just remember the deus will out separate the F75 with stock coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread