Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499100357.394074.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499100372.374257.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499100391.323486.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499100624.874737.jpg

Nothing like finding Large objects! You think you are on a pipe or something but has a definite large footprint. Very exciting. I found a large soup spoon yesterday. Alas not silver it was plate but rang up very nice.

I don't always dig the big stuff I've been doing It more this year and it's really panning out

Thought I should give a closeup of the badge ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499101398.819247.jpg

Yes it was confirmed in the what is it forum interesting read if your interested

The cannon fragment is really cool and I wonder if it blew your ears off, but I find the knife, or half a shear(?) most interesting.

Nive assortment of cool finds. :icon_thumleft:

The cannon fragment is really cool and I wonder if it blew your ears off, but I find the knife, or half a shear(?) most interesting.

Nive assortment of cool finds. :icon_thumleft:

I believe it's one piece.notice the slightly serrated edge I thought maybe for small branches ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499118001.157337.jpgiImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499118001.157337.jpg

And yes it was a very strong signal I sometimes dig them hoping for a cache but I'm going to dig more large items now.

I don't think it is a bone saw. The handle is not attached securely enough. Most photos show a much more robust means of securing the handle to the blade.

Yep. Don't pass over those big signals without doing a little investigation. Depending on depth, coin caches and belt plates can sound like the beer can overload signals just under the surface. I'll never forget the 1 1/2 foot brass candlestick holder I pulled from a beach. Thought it was going to be a 12 pack of buried empty beer cans based on the strong and long signal area. It was tarnished and I thought old shipwreck artifact until I saw the barcode attached to the felt base. Lol. Anyway still an interesting find nevertheless and I have fun speculating why it was there in the first place and got left behind (religious ceremony, romantic dinner on the beach?).

Anyhoo, I am a sucker for the old coins, so I'm going to give a shout out for the V nickel.

Great finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back