Deus II beach hunting

stupot

Jun 21, 2008
Have been using the Deus II for a couple of weeks solidly. I had a Deus I for the last 10 years and an Equinox since they came out. These covered all my needs of hunting. There is no need for either of these machines now. Will keep the Equinox as a backup as I do a lot of beach hunting as well as fields.

Took it down to a really bad iron foreshore, I mean bad, scrap everywhere. Even though I had the 11" coil which I thought was going to be a hindrance completely, it worked damn well. I've only ever had a 6" and now a 10x5 for the 800 and that was tough. Was really surprised at its capabilities. Iron Vol off, Reac 4, disc 10, bottle cap rej 2 and sens 80. Used the basic adjusted and saved with tones etc to suit. Rocks, shingle etc for work area. Two days at the same spot. Buffalo was nice to find. A lot of scrap brass and lead was dug too.

Any criticism for the DII? Well, only the small display which doesn't affect me much as I'm audio mostly. That's it. superior machine completely.

Attachments

• P1090136.JPG
    P1090136.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
  • scrappy.jpg
    scrappy.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 16

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been using the Deus II for a couple of weeks solidly. I had a Deus I for the last 10 years and an Equinox since they came out. These covered all my needs of hunting. There is no need for either of these machines now. Will keep the Equinox as a backup as I do a lot of beach hunting as well as fields.

Took it down to a really bad iron foreshore, I mean bad, scrap everywhere. Even though I had the 11" coil which I thought was going to be a hindrance completely, it worked damn well. I've only ever had a 6" and now a 10x5 for the 800 and that was tough. Was really surprised at its capabilities. Iron Vol off, Reac 4, disc 10, bottle cap rej 2 and sens 80. Used the basic adjusted and saved with tones etc to suit. Rocks, shingle etc for work area. Two days at the same spot. Buffalo was nice to find. A lot of scrap brass and lead was dug too.

Any criticism for the DII? Well, only the small display which doesn't affect me much as I'm audio mostly. That's it. superior machine completely.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears your VERY HAPPY with the Deus 2 ?

RussM

Oct 2, 2019
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad someone has use of the Deus 2. Most are still waiting on an endless array of excuses as to why they aren't hitting the beach yet.
If you don't mind, where did you get yours?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad someone has use of the Deus 2. Most are still waiting on an endless array of excuses as to why they aren't hitting the beach yet.
If you don't mind, where did you get yours?
His profile says Great Britain

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread