Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Update instructions and What's New in Deus II v 1.0

At this point, I'm quite confused by some of the new features. But one that I'm thrilled about is tone break volume adjustments. I'm not a fan of them reducing the built-in General program to 2-tone. I have no idea why they would do something like that (or changing the display to the Large TID mode).
Did you have to re-register with xp to get the update? the site must be overwhelmed with attempts to get the newer version. I have not had any luck yet getting it.

Suncoast Kid

Feb 15, 2022
Detector(s) used
Minelab, XP
Yeah, everyone is saying that XP's site is overwhelmed by everyone all over the world trying to do the update. I'll probably wait a little while for the traffic jam to calm down some before I give it a try. Some great new features, and I'm glad that they fixed the full tones issue.

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frigging brilliant news about being able to use the MAC. :hello2:
But can we use the Safari browser to update? The website seems to say we have to have chrome or one of several others.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
But can we use the Safari browser to update? The website seems to say we have to have chrome or one of several others.
I thought it was going to be easy 😕
Have to download chrome first.
Then update.
The update part easy
The Chrome part was the PITA.
All good updated
Will have to pair the WSll again after the update.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is anyone having a problem just logging in to their XP account? I keep getting the message "Your account has not been validated" every time I try to log in for the update so I can't even get to the update screen. I've reset my password and still get the same message. I'm assuming it's due to everyone trying to log in bogging down the system, but wondering if it's just a problem with my account.

DigDog201

Jun 16, 2022

At this point, I'm quite confused by some of the new features. But one that I'm thrilled about is tone break volume adjustments. I'm not a fan of them reducing the built-in General program to 2-tone. I have no idea why they would do something like that (or changing the display to the Large TID mode).
Because everyone has different preferences. Thats why detectors nowadays have so many features to cover everyone’s liking’s.
I personally like the frequency limit feature and never use tone break options.

DigDog201

Jun 16, 2022

Attachments

• IMG_3044.jpeg
    IMG_3044.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 8

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick & easy to open account and received email to validate in minutes. Will wait awhile to do the actual update.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the remote and the WS6 updated, only problem now, the WS6 will turn on when I power up the remote, but, it won't turn off when I turn off the remote. I reinstalled the update again and the WS6 will not power down by itself.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got the remote and the WS6 updated, only problem now, the WS6 will turn on when I power up the remote, but, it won't turn off when I turn off the remote. I reinstalled the update again and the WS6 will not power down by itself.
Finally got mine updated. WS6 powers up and turns off as it should when the remote is turned on/off. Try contacting XP through their website. I contacted them once with a question and they were very helpful.

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My update went smooth on a Mac with Chrome browser. This update was well worth it just for the improvements in separation and 3D unmasking. I can bury a quarter under a couple nails and still pick it up. Before, on 0.6 I couldn’t do that, but my Equinox could. Needless to say, that gave me doubts about Deus 2, but now it seems a different animal. I’m liking it.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update to the update about the update :) I had the remote and WS6 in the house, but the coil was in my shop. I went out this morning, paired the coil to the remote and now everything works as it should.

MrFixit1028

Mar 27, 2023

I believe it's possible to change nearly every parameter to your preference and save it as a custom program, right? If so, I don't see an issue. Every stock program will please some and disappoint others. There's no point in complaining about what XP chose as defaults. Just customize to suit. The thousands of combinations should make everyone happy. Then again, some people are already wondering when 1.1 will be released, 3 days after a major update! There will never be a perfect detector suitable for every person and situation, and able to pick up only good targets, despite our best efforts and desires.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Because everyone has different preferences. Thats why detectors nowadays have so many features to cover everyone’s liking’s.
I personally like the frequency limit feature and never use tone break options.
Everybody having different preferences doesn't explain making a change like that to one of the presets... some people liked it the way it was, too. Or, at least have become accustomed to it.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everybody having different preferences doesn't explain making a change like that to one of the presets... some people liked it the way it was, too. Or, at least have become accustomed to it.
I'm sure XP has done enough research and listened to enough user comments to justify whatever changes they've made. I doubt they would have changed one of their preset programs without reason.

I'd assume users have suggested making Large Numbers part of one of the preset programs since this option seems to be popular. Since the General program would be considered the machine's most basic program, it seem logical to make Large Numbers the default in the General program rather than in any other, along with changing it to two-tone, making it an even more 'basic' program.

I could be completely wrong with my reasoning but seems logical to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread