Deus Sorts Out a Flying Eagle Penny

goodmore

Nov 12, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to an old house that dates to 1850. Three of us have hunted this house a few times. Since I live the closest I stop there from time to time and hunt the yard that is just loaded with iron. Today I hunted in the stock Deus Fast program. Nothing fancy. Just the stock program. I found three targets that I consider keepers. The Flying Eagle was about 5 inches down. I knew I had a coin. I was expecting Indian all the way. This one is beat up pretty bad by mother nature. I doubt I will ever get a date, but Hey I got a coin that just isn't found every day. The Indian on the other hand is in great shape. The thimble I believe is copper or brass based on the VDI. I find them from time to time. They are always smashed.

Attachments

• IMG_1177.JPG
    IMG_1177.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 2

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goodmore,

Good score....those 3 finds beat a pouch full of clad any day.

Regards + HH

Bill

NJLargeCent

Feb 8, 2012
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very true--you just don't see flying eagles every day. Although you don't have a date, at least you know it's 1856-1858. The downside is that you won't know if it's an 1856--super rare! Great finds!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds! Love the Flying Eagle. Way To Go!

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like my finds from Tuesday...minus the flying eagle and my indian head was an 1881. Look at this way, the flying eagle only has 2 years...just pick one. lol

BFO

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT Tesoro Sidewinder Bounty Hunter Professional Bfo Whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll bet that eagle flew out of the ground!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Flying Eagle was about 5 inches down. I knew I had a coin. I was expecting Indian all the way. This one is beat up pretty bad by mother nature. I doubt I will ever get a date, but Hey I got a coin that just isn't found every day.

The more I see the Flying Eagle cents that are found, the more I understand and appreciate just how BLESSED I was when I found the one I use in my avatar. (I have actually found 5 of these! How incredible is that!?!?)

Your finds are AWESOME! I love that you shared them!

But, how the heck can a coin that seems to tear up like this one does in the ground, come out like the one I found?

Only made 3 years! (and the first one doesn't really count).

Congrats!

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread