Deus Tones to Simplify What's Heard

Wampum

Jun 13, 2011
Tioga County PA.
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use 2 tones and like it but is there a way to set my first tone to 0Hz so I only hear one tone. I use a current disc of 10 but want to lower it to 2 for more depth then set the range for my first tone to 0-20 so I can still find gold and nickels but reduce small iron even further than currently so I won't hear it. I don't want to use traditional discrimination unless I have to in order to save on depth. The unfortunate thing is I don't think I can turn the Hz to 0. I think that just hearing one good tone will be nice for me since I feel that it masks good signals. It is less going on for me to pay attention to and I dig everything because I look for all types of relics so more than 2 tones is not useful to me. I know that there is no way of eliminating large iron targets because they read like larger coins. The same goes for pull tabs and can slaw and I am afraid to set what they ring in at as different sounds because they often read the same as coins as well. I know iron volume of 0 is a possibility but does that affect performance and how does the Deus determine what is iron. Thanks for the help and sorry for the many questions and long post.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read my post about 2 tones I wrote yesterday, it'll do exactly what you want, make it a 1 tone machine

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or In your case notch 0-20 and set your second tone break to 21....it probably will do that regardless automatically.....is your 1st tone 0hz? No but the 1st tone is notched out anyway so it may as well be 0

OP
OP
W

Wampum

Jun 13, 2011
Tioga County PA.
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok thanks. Does notching negatively affect performance in any way?

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem and no not that I know of.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread