What's new

DFX battery ?

baspinall

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
2,465
Reaction score
846
Golden Thread
1
Location
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious. What is the lowest voltage you guys use on your batteries before you switch them out? My DFX seems to start running unstable at about 10.5 volts. Yours...................? Just seems like such a waste if your not using rechargables. They are still great for clocks, flash lights etc.

Brian
 
I hope you don't have a problem, Brian.

My batteries go in after a charge at about 11.2 V, drop down fairly quickly to 10.6 or so & will hover around that voltage for quite some time. That's with both the NiCad pack & the AA pack in which I use NiMh rechargeables. Once the NiCads go down to about 10.4V it'll go down to "Low Battery" pretty fast but it'll still have some good detecting time left in it. About every 2nd or 3rd time I'll run the batteries down to "Low Battery" & give them an overnight charge. I try not to use the rapid charge feature of the charger. Only in an emergency where all my spares are low also.

I've never had a problem with instability even while detecting while the "Low Battery" indicator is showing.
 
Good to know, Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom