Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S

stloutom

I'ma a noob, so take it for what it's worth:

But I've been using the beach setting, simply because it already has Tone ID turned on and I've been to lazy to make my own EEPROM setting. I've found a nickel with it, though. And lots of quarters!

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check your manual, the Coin program Accepts VDI's in the +10 - +27 and +50 to +94 ranges. Nickles VDI @ 20 so they will be picked up as an accepted signal. If you would like to know everything there is to know about the DFX start reviewing the posts at www.dfxonly.com.

P

porkepork

hi there aussie
the coin program will find nickles and when you get the hang of the dfx they will pop out of the ground left and right.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aussie Okie said:
I was reading that the Pre-set Coin program discriminates out 'nickels' is this correct?
If that being so to get the whole range of coins do you have to use the Coin & Jewelry program?

thanks
Paul

Schrecky is right, of course. What you get with the Coin/jewlery program is less discrimination, so you would pick up more targets in the lower end of the scale. And junk. If you use the signagraph and tone more than the VDI you'll do better with less discrimination. The manual that comes with the DFX will tell you what the different settings are between coin- and coin and jewlery programs.

Hate to keep beating an old horse, but look into getting the book, Digging deeper with the DFX by Jeff Foster. You'll learn bunches about how to better use the DFX.
www.fielddepth.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread