DFX, XLT, or MXT

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
It's a hard decision when you are talking about 3 quality detectors and yes, you could put the M6 in there also. I hate the DFX/MXT comparisons because it always opens up a can of worms. I will say this. I have been using the MXT 5 years now and have yet to try anything else that I would replace it with! Of course I have very little patience and with the MXT you don't need much.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
The MXT needs to be ground balanced every time you turn it on. It's a good coin hunter but more of a relic and nugget hunter snd not well set up for wet salt sand beaches. Other than that it's an excellent detector.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my DFX, and I didn't find the learning curve that hard. I think people get in a big hurry to run out and find stuff that they don't want to take the time to learn their machine. Whatever machine it is. You should always buy a detector in the winter months. No choice but to read and learn.

A person who knows his or her machine better than you know yours, even with a less expensive machine, will out gun you everytime.

They aren't magic sticks, the magic comes from knowing what they are telling you.

Good luck, Ken

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tin Nugget said:
It's a hard decision when you are talking about 3 quality detectors and yes, you could put the M6 in there also. I hate the DFX/MXT comparisons because it always opens up a can of worms. I will say this. I have been using the MXT 5 years now and have yet to try anything else that I would replace it with! Of course I have very little patience and with the MXT you don't need much.

Hey Tin, What else have you used since you got your MXT???? I sure like the looks of that machine, and am kinda thinking about getting one, but have not made up my mind..All I do is coin shoot....Thanks, Tom

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TonyinCT said:
The MXT needs to be ground balanced every time you turn it on. It's a good coin hunter but more of a relic and nugget hunter snd not well set up for wet salt sand beaches. Other than that it's an excellent detector.

Thanks Tony, I thought it had a set, and go mode also..All I do is coin shoot...Tom

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gallileo60 said:
TonyinCT said:

Thanks Tony, I thought it had a set, and go mode also..All I do is coin shoot...Tom

Keep in mind set and go doesn't mean that you will get the best depth. Adjustments need to be made to make the machine look deeper.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kas said:
gallileo60 said:
TonyinCT said:

Keep in mind set and go doesn't mean that you will get the best depth. Adjustments need to be made to make the machine look deeper.

Yes very true, but there are times when I want one button shopping (er detecting) Dont get me wrong, I dont mind ground balancing, as a matter of fact I want to, so I can get better depth in different soil conditions, but not always...thanks for the reply, Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions