What's new

did 6 boxes of dimes today

silvercop

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
got bored . was off today and did not want to do a road trip so i got 6 boxes of dimes. they gave up 5 silver rossies and 1 mercury. well, at least i did get some silver.
 
Upvote 0
Dimes seem so hard for me. Do you just edge search and dump at a place with a coin counting machine? I dunno how you do so many so fast.
 
yea i just edge search. i think i would go blind if i looked at them by date. i then dump into a coin counter at a bank that i know the machine will reject silver to see if i missed any..so far i am batting a 1000. the reject shoot has not spit out any silver
 
I tried dimes for a while and found a few, but at all my dump banks I seemed to get ripped off because the machines wanted to count the dimes as pennies. I never could figure it out?

I stick to halves now and seem to get accurate counts from the machines. If I had a decent dump bank machine that did not rip me off on dimes I would do them cause they are so easy to get from all banks (either customer or fed rolls) and there seems to be more silver dimes out there as opposed to quarters. I think the time is fast approaching that 1000 dollars in dimes will yield as much silver as 1000 dollars in halves, but I hate the thought of that.

Jim
 
Great job on the dimes! :thumbsup:
 
If the machine spits out silver dimes, why not do anything other than break the rolls and dump?
 
Nice score. :thumbsup:
I've only been getting one silver per four boxes. You are doing good.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom