What's new

Did He get Dinner?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,741
Reaction score
12,697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this shot when I downloaded the trail cam pictures. We will never know if the hawk was successful or not because this is the only shot the camera caught.
 

Attachments

  • hawk.webp
    hawk.webp
    726.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I will go look for feathers tomorrow.
 
that's all you ever find, do they eat the bones?
 
Actually you find beak, feet, feathers , and entrails. Literally looks like it blew up!
 
I agree with Jeff on this one, looks like he bagged a mourning dove.
dts
 
Wow! Run for your lives. I've watched the red tail hawks pursue in flight flocks of starlings in and around the houses of the neighborhood. It's definitely some high-speed action to watch. The starlings are totally in a panic.
 
Last edited:
Love the picture. Just looking at it, you know the dove is toast.
 
I didn't find feathers or anything. Maybe the dove made it to the undergrowth before the hawk got him.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom