Did I cause a little marital unrest later in the day?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will never know, but this is what happened.

At a yardsale sometime saturday morning I walked up to a man in his garage. He was talking to someone so i waited at the side. When he noticed me I asked if he had any old computers for recycling. He said he did have one but he didn't want to sell it. I said OK and thanked him and started wondering around his front lawn that was filled with boxes. A lady (his wife) came out the front door with a big tower computer in her arms and motioned me over. I reminded her that her husband didn't want to sell it and she said he will never notice it. I said i pay $1.50 and handed her $2.00 She was fine with that but didn't have change so I asked if i could have that brass candlestick as change, no problem.

I grabbed the two items and silently walked across the street and to the other side of my car to load the computer. Her husband was still yacking and never noticed.

Wonder what happened later??

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats an old computer like that worth in scrap? Sometimes the FedEx guy who picks up from me has piles of old computers shipping in his truck. He said they all go to a place in California I think he said. I know they've got precious metals in them, but whats the rule on scrap value per unit?

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats an old computer like that worth in scrap? Sometimes the FedEx guy who picks up from me has piles of old computers shipping in his truck. He said they all go to a place in California I think he said. I know they've got precious metals in them, but whats the rule on scrap value per unit?
you have got to be kidding? someone actually ships whole computers? that is not money wise if they are for recycling. I tear mine all apart and keep all greenboards, RAM & CPU. I think they all might be worth $5-$7 I give the case and power supply to a buddy and it gets taken to a local scrapyard and gets .06¢ to .10¢ pound. So that is another $1-1.50.

California is not a good state for liking businesses. It piles on rules, regulations and fees. I live in CA but ship all my recycling to FL and the buyer picks up the FED-X charges and still makes good money.

Can you see if you can get the shipto address on those computers. If they are close by I would like to see what they pay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread