What's new

Did I really just find a 1974D doubled die Ken?

FingerGrime

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
814
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
It sure looks like the real deal to me. What do you guys think?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1526.webp
    IMG_1526.webp
    16 KB · Views: 386
Upvote 0
wow everytime I post a coin that looks just like that people tell me it is mechanical doubling, so what is the difference looks the same to me
 
Goes4ever said:
wow everytime I post a coin that looks just like that people tell me it is mechanical doubling, so what is the difference looks the same to me

Mechanical doubling has a flat, shelflike appearance- a true doubled die appears more like a doubled image, with original features.

Put the two side by side and you'll see the difference under a loupe.
 
Yup! You got one! :icon_thumright:

Now they will start coming like crazy, at least that's what happened to me. Now I have 20+ 1974d ddo's.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom