did my own test. . . . a newb

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
well, I did my own test, call it what you want and believe what you want, but I can tell you this, I had somone hide a piece of gold and a piece of silver in my back yard, withing 1 minute of each thing, I was right on it...so, I dont know how it works and have no idea the reason it works, but who cares, it did for me!..Im just saying. . . . . :-\ :-\ ??? ???
Now, would this work out in the boondocks? I have no idea.
oh yea, my back yard is about 200x200 square feet,but for me to get to it so quickly, got me puzzeled too!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening again Jody, just remember, I have yet to hear of anyone that can perform consistently for one reason or another, so if you occasionally miss, relax, and keep up your faith in yourself since it does exist, as you have proven to yourself, if not to the scientific community.

Don Jose de La Mancha

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr.Jody said:
well, I did my own test, call it what you want and believe what you want, but I can tell you this, I had somone hide a piece of gold and a piece of silver in my back yard, withing 1 minute of each thing, I was right on it...so, I dont know how it works and have no idea the reason it works, but who cares, it did for me!..Im just saying. . . . . :-\ :-\ ??? ???
Now, would this work out in the boondocks? I have no idea.
oh yea, my back yard is about 200x200 square feet,but for me to get to it so quickly, got me puzzeled too!

Yes it will work in the boondocks.
Dowse with conviction (a strong persuasion of belief) and it will come through for you.
When you practice or when you are on an assignment don't be hopeful that it will work.
Believe in your work and that it will give back to you.
You have been working hard at it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Over time you will learn to work smarter at it.
Jon

Rustus

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2010
Indiana
For me, I've seen it go into peaks and valleys. One week I'm having excellent accuracy and then a few weeks later I go through a period where it all seems to be off. One thing I've found that sets me off course is over focusing on results or being personally connected to the results.

I tried to find a pair of my glasses that I'd misplaced and I was in a hurry about it. The rods sent me all over the house because I was too focused (re: desperate) and I finally found them (w/out rods) later when I retraced my steps; all my steps. They were by the lake where I had been fishing that morning and had been stepped on. I just put the roads down for about three weeks because I didn't feel like I could trust them. I felt like I needed to take a break. It was good because it gave me time to go over what had happened. When I went back to them and started using them again, I was definitely wiser for it! So, take this little warning tale and hopefully it will help ya out!

Also, rested, calm and hydration seem to be keys in accuracy. Hydration seems to have an immediate effect on things and I always try to drink a large glass of water or five a few hours before hitting a project.

Good luck and, most importantly, have fun with it!

OP
OP
Mr.Jody

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
I have been reading all over this section. Seen the nay-sayers and the people it works for.Yeah, I was and still am skeptical, but I do know for a fact that it worked for me.Why did it?I have no anser for that...but thanks for the words fellas, nowI'll have to prepare for the nay-sayers...which I wont even reply so dont waste your time typing...I dont know how and why it works, I didnt invent it! :-\

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~Mr. Jody..~
I have been reading all over this section. Seen the nay-sayers and the people it works for.Yeah, I was and still am skeptical, but I do know for a fact that it worked for me.Why did it?I have no anser for that...but thanks for the words fellas, nowI'll have to prepare for the nay-sayers...which I wont even reply so dont waste your time typing...I dont know how and why it works, I didnt invent it!
Very good…I have been Dowsing for over 12 years..No one has come up with the solutions as of yet…There are a lot of theories. Yes… I have my own theory that I knows works for me. I also have a lot of rules or methods that I follow…These rules have been used and only a few have been altered…When I read of a different method and I like the way it should work I start testing…Art

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When all will all you hopeful dowsers realise that you cannot dowse without the correct atmospheric conditions. WE are slowly coming into the dowsing season and until then results will be absolutely crazy with results one minute and dead the next. Art knows the truth but he still hopes if he lifts his left leg it will make up for not having a solar flare with a moon overhead, Max

OP
OP
Mr.Jody

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Still been doing some testing, got snow on the ground now.So, I had someone throw my gold coin out in the snow( hoping they remember where it went) :D not walking in the snow so I could just follow their tracks,throw it out the back door....well, you may be surprised, but I found it! :o :o :-\ ??? :thumbsup:

Just want to add/ask something here.Im not walking a grid out, I just go where ever the rods point. Seem to just go where ever the thing is im looking for?Any of you ever had this work like this?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Just want to add/ask something here.Im not walking a grid out, I just go where ever the rods point. Seem to just go where ever the thing is im looking for?Any of you ever had this work like this?
Hey Mr. Jody…..As long as it works for you it is all right. You have to develop your own set of what I call rules. Learning to know what the rods are telling you is the important thing..Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr.Jody said:
Still been doing some testing, got snow on the ground now.So, I had someone throw my gold coin out in the snow( hoping they remember where it went) :D not walking in the snow so I could just follow their tracks,throw it out the back door....well, you may be surprised, but I found it! :o :o :-\ ??? :thumbsup:

You don't need to walk a grid. Now, if you are dowsing inside a building for caches, sure...walk a North/east/south/west direction. Then if your rods cross, the cache should be off to the left or right of you.

But, if out in the Arizona desert or Outback of Australia, try walking in any direction and not get lost without a GPS or compass while you walk. In a few minutes you'll start going in circles. Washes usually don't run straight North or east/west. Yet, walking a SE or SW wash on a mining claim, rods cross over placer deposit.

Different situations, different dowsing methods. I've found that in a desert situation, standing still works best while holding a pair of rods close together and parallel, scanning a distant horizon. Once you get the signal, it is easy to follow the rods...much like having GPS. The rods will get you there without getting lost or going in circles.

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every poster on mental dowsing has complained at sometime or other that they have mysterious lapses when the rods don't work. When are they going to get it in their heads that they can only dowse when atmospheric conditions are suitable and the can go weeks, months or even years when conditions are non dowsable.
Max

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been reading all over this section. Seen the nay-sayers and the people it works for.Yeah, I was and still am skeptical, but I do know for a fact that it worked for me.Why did it?I have no anser for that...but thanks for the words fellas, nowI'll have to prepare for the nay-sayers...which I wont even reply so dont waste your time typing...I dont know how and why it works, I didnt invent it! :-\
Hello,
Just my personal observation here, most of the nay sayers have never even picked up rods or other tools. Or if they have they have so much negativity they can,t help but fail. stay positive, relax and don't push! The only person in the world you have to prove anything to is yourself! It sounds like you're well on your way!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don,t dowse,I,ve read a lot on here about it,and I won,t say it doesn,t work,I,ve seen some strange things in my life.What I,ll say is this,if it works for you and you believe in it,go for it,may it be all you hope and I,m sincere when I say that!!!!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know from years of experience that, here at home coins I've touched and handled myself, can be dowsed accurately for hundreds of times. Almost made a video of it to show people, but decided there will be some who think you're just making up stories or doing something fake.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread